• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Revolution will be the first Verizon phone for VoLTE (Voice over LTE)

jinwons

Android Expert
Oct 19, 2010
OC, CA
Verizon bringing voice over LTE next year, demo planned for MWC | PhoneDog

This is interesting news to me. I didn't know that Verizon would do this with 4G LTE and Revolution is the first phone that has this feature. VoLTE sounds like the future of wireless voice technology, though it will take a while until it matures and becomes widely available. Though Revolution is said to have 2nd generation 1Ghz snapdragon like Thunderbolt, it should be more than enough for this task.

Looks like LG is pushing out multiple high end phones this year with each one having different focus. 2X for dual core processor, Black for high quality LCD, 3D for dual core 3D recording and playing, and Revolution for 4G LTE. All of these probably have HDMI out. But hey LG, why don't you put together a super-phone that has all of this? That will be immediately in the league of Galaxy S2, Atrix/Bionic.

Verizon bringing voice over LTE next year, demo planned for MWC | PhoneDog

This is interesting news to me. I didn't know that Verizon would do this with 4G LTE and Revolution is the first phone that has this feature. VoLTE sounds like the future of wireless voice technology, though it will take a while until it matures and becomes widely available. Though Revolution is said to have 2nd generation 1Ghz snapdragon like Thunderbolt, it should be more than enough for this task.

Looks like LG is pushing out multiple high end phones this year with each one having different focus. 2X for dual core processor, Black for high quality LCD, 3D for dual core 3D recording and playing, and Revolution for 4G LTE. All of these probably have HDMI out. But hey LG, why don't you put together a super-phone that has all of this? That will be immediately in the league of Galaxy S2, Atrix/Bionic.

I don't think that VoLTE will be ready for LG Revolution since it's coming out in may. The phone was used as a demo but the actual network has to be upgraded for that feature. Any LTE phone should be able to do it.

Upvote 0
I don't think that VoLTE will be ready for LG Revolution since it's coming out in may. The phone was used as a demo but the actual network has to be upgraded for that feature. Any LTE phone should be able to do it.

Yeah, it will take a while until VZW implements this feature to their LTE network. But not every LTE phone will be able to utilize it for voice. There is reason why VZW used Revolution for VoLTE demos. I forgot the name of it, but I saw reports that Revolution has special modem chip that allows this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones