• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Service Menu Question

I went into the service menu entering the Service Code and selected Network Lock and now when it restarted and went back into the Service Menu it says Network Lock off. This was done with the original MetroPCS SIM Card in. Is this the same as the SIM Unlock/NCK? It did not ask me for a NCK code but it says Network Lock is Off. Does this mean it will accept another Micro SIM card from other carriers such as Orange Mobile in Europe or the local Italian SIM In Europe?

I read that the Snapdragon chip has GSM built in to the antenna and the MS770 has the same chip as the Galaxy S3. On various websites there are option to pay to unlock the phone to use in another country. It lists the MS770 and if you pay $12 you get the code. Is this the same as turning Network Lock Off in the LG Service Menu? If I put in a Micro SIM when I arrive to Europe and only wanted voice calls and used WIFI can this be done?

I also see a GSM/UMTS menu is it possible to use the phone in Europe. How does this menu affect the operation overseas?

I also saw when I entered ##626* the APN settings which showed Metro PCS so if I were to put in another Micro SIM it looks like they would automatically register.

Thanks for your assistance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones