• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Spectrum HAS wireless charging! -_-

I_SAY

Lurker
Dec 4, 2012
I was wandering arround the internet trying to find a new back cover for my lg spectrum vs920 when i found this...

LG WCC-920 | LG USA

I was very shure that back in CES 2012 when LG was presenting the spectrum, the PR guy phonearena was interviewing said that it had Global Capabilities, WIRELESS CHARGING, and NFC. I cheked my phone to confirm the connections for the inductive charging plate were there and behind 2 little pieces of rubber left and on top of the micro SD tray, if you remove them, youll clearly see them.

I still havent found that interview but at least im now shure i was right! I also have the feeling that the spectrum must have an NFC chip in somewhere it just has not been activated.

Why would LG develop such a nice phone and then leave half of its features in the dark. They let this thing die early in favor of the Spectrum 2. :mad: Its basicly the same device, just better looking and with an snapdragon S4 instead of an S3

Reactions: IMUcarmen
Things like these make me wonder how much better this phone could have been if LG actually supported it. What if LG and Verizon advertised the phone as much as the RAZR, Gnex and Rezound? What if we had a bigger dev community supporting our phone? (Even though we have great devs working on our phone atm and I thank you all for that!) What if we got ICS when it was promised? This phone clearly went the wrong path and next time, I'll think twice before getting an LG phone. Except for the Nexus 4 but then again, look at the the fact that some people still can't buy one two months after release.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones