1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support LG Spectrum hasn't past "4G LTE" start-up screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lucifer5, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Lucifer5

Lucifer5 Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2013
    Male
    California
    UPDATE:: I was able to force turn off my phone by holding the power button and the volume +/- switch. My phone turned off and went to the "Battery Charge" progression screen. It showed my phone is at 100% charge. So I turned back on my phone, and the only difference was the start-up screen was different. My phone works fine now, all of my data is still present. My phone was working fine yesterday, and the only thing I can think of that would create such a problem is that I had moved all 5 of my games to the SD storage. I still have no answer as to why this happened, but I have a feeling it has to do with the memory on my phone. Last thing I installed onto my phone was Jetpack Joyride.. I hope someone has an answer to why this happened.

I've had my LG Spectrum for well over a year, and I've rarely had problems with it. I charge it every day, due to it's low battery life. Just this morning I turned on my phone, and as I'm going about my ambient business I notice it still hasn't started up. It's been on the "4G LTE" start-up screen for about 16 minutes. At this point I know something is wrong, so I googled any similar problems. I'm not a tech wizard so nothing I found seemed to be related to the problem. My phone memory is almost full, so I thought that may be the problem and it's just taking longer to boot. But my SD card is less than half full, so I wouldn't think there would be a problem. I don't want to get a new phone because I cannot afford one, and my current has to much personal data to lose.

Should I just wait and see what happens, even if the time exceeds 2 hours? I already tried to turn it off, but I can't until I get to the home screen or the lock screen..

Advertisement

2. aaronp121

aaronp121 Well-Known Member
    None

May 7, 2012
    Tennessee USA
    If your phone is enabled developement tool and you will able to access to phone's file system via adb: mount and delete one APK of Jetpack joyride file. It will free up internal memory then reboot. Will phone able boot to home?

Lucifer5 likes this.
  3. Lucifer5

Lucifer5 Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2013
    Male
    California
    I was able to reboot my phone. Afterword I did a full security scan and it said no malicious software was found. I searched through my phones memory for anything I did not recognize, and I was unable to find any suspicious items. I then organized the memory in order of largest to smallest, from the results, I uninstalled Hungry Shark Evolution. My phone takes about 2 minutes to turn on. My security app warned me about a virus on Friday, but I ignored it. I think that was the problem.

4. aaronp121

aaronp121 Well-Known Member
    None

May 7, 2012
    Tennessee USA
    I see you got phone working now. My phone boots about 1 minute and 25 second.
    I don't use security on my phone.

Tags: