• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG SPIRIT 4G Screen Shots - Video Reviews - Content

Here are some screen shots, reviews, and content.
I will be adding more content from time to time, so check back. Also don't forget to share your own content and screen shots.

Screen Shots - click here

MOTION vs SPIRIT vs SGS3 - Benchmark
LG Motion Vs. LG Spirit Vs. Samsung S3 Benchmark Test - YouTube

He states wrong ram amount, but good video review:
LG Spirit 4g Review Metro pcs - YouTube

Temple Run 2 - gaming video review on the Spirit:
LG Spirit 4g HD Gaming Temple Run 2 Metro pcs - YouTube

I really like this phone. It's so thin and light, and the screen is beautiful. When I compare it to my sgs3, it holds up to it easily (i.e. performance & plenty features), which is pretty impressive for its price range.

For those focused on the sgs3 having 1gig more ram... It hasn't made any difference for me. The spirit hasn't lagged on anything I've thrown at it (i.e. gaming and multi-tasking). As far as the camera, pictures are good in adequate lighting, and in low lighting with some settings adjustment pics are decent.

Now that we have root and recovery, the phone is even better. You have even more freedom to make it your own. :cool:

LG Spirit 4G MS870 Technical Specifications | LG USA

LG LGMS870 Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG USA

Enjoy your LG Spirit 4G. :D :thumbup:

Reactions: alfick3
I was watching the S3 forum a bit, and I remember seeing him over there.
I noticed, but I want to stay away from that forum so I don't get tempted to tinker with my s3. That's what the spirit is for. LOL

I'm sure myself or someone else will ask him eventually if he'll be deving the spirit. Fingers crossed. :D

Upvote 0
I noticed, but I want to stay away from that forum so I don't get tempted to tinker with my s3. That's what the spirit is for. LOL

I'm sure myself or someone else will ask him eventually if he'll be deving the spirit. Fingers crossed. :D

Yeah, they've got some really nice dev'ing going on over there. I really wanted to get that phone, but couldn't stomach the price; even though I think the price is worth it. I'm waiting on my tax refund to get my wife and I new phones. I'm a gonna get the Spirit and she'll probably get the Motion.

Upvote 0
I noticed in your screen shots that there's an app called backup. What does it back up? Where to? Internal or External SD?
I'm glad you mentioned it. That app is pretty awesome.
It comes with the phone and can backup:
Home screens
settings
applications
contacts

You can backup to internal or external and even use schedules.

I added three screenshots of the app to the link in the OP.

Upvote 0
I'm really thinkin bout buying this phone. I just want to see what kind of attn it gets from the devs first. One thing I really don't like bout Metro is da bloat! WireflyDOTcom currently has the LG Spirit for $239.00 (free ship) less Metros $70.00 rebate...

Own one for $169.00. That's a sweet deal :)

I don't think you get the rebate if you buy from wirefly.

Upvote 0
Ok so I've been tinkering with the camera, and it's actually not bad.
Just need to adjust settings.
In camera app go to settings/scene mode/select smart shutter this works pretty good in low lighting
Always make sure auto focus and auto flash is on.
And if not needed bring zoom all the way down.
Smart shutter always disables upon closing camera app so its a good idea to place the shortcut to scene mode on the quick bar. ;)

P.S.
I'm making a tutorial on how to mount this phone on ubuntu 12.04 & 12.10.
If you guys need it let me know otherwise I'll post it when more people get this phone.

Upvote 0
Ok so I've been tinkering with the camera, and it's actually not bad.
Just need to adjust settings.
In camera app go to settings/scene mode/select smart shutter this works pretty good in low lighting
Always make sure auto focus and auto flash is on.
And if not needed bring zoom all the way down.
Smart shutter always disables upon closing camera app so its a good idea to place the shortcut to scene mode on the quick bar. ;)

P.S.
I'm making a tutorial on how to mount this phone on ubuntu 12.04 & 12.10.
If you guys need it let me know otherwise I'll post it when more people get this phone.

That would be great! I have 12.04 LTS on my home computer.

Upvote 0
We should be patient with root. The phone has only been out for a week.
For now we should focus on bringing more attention to this phone.
There has been root for most LG phones like the Motion & Esteem which this phone is much better than.

Also this phone is doing well in sales. It has been sold out at a lot of metro stores.
Where I purchased, I got 1 of 2 left. This is a positive sign for us.

I purchased this phone expecting to wait 1-2 months for root, and I'll continue to be patient... I'm sure good things will come. ;)

Someone mentioned previously, he might get this phone to help with root (I wont put him on blast). :D:p

Upvote 0
Here's a look at the LG ON-SCREEN PHONE feature in action with the SPIRIT 4G, and the Windows app download.

Make sure to go to settings/pc connection/usb connection type/select LG software

This is pretty awesome for screencasting tutorials on youtube. :cool:

Thanks to Spdfreak34 for pointing this feature out on the phone.

Enjoy :thumb:

Latest LGOSP Download for Windows

I've only tried this on windows 7

Attachments

• LG On-Screen Phone.PNG
    LG On-Screen Phone.PNG
    444.3 KB · Views: 197
Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0
Here's a look at the LG ON-SCREEN PHONE feature in action with the SPIRIT 4G, and the Windows app download.

Make sure to go to settings/pc connection/usb connection type/select LG software

This is pretty awesome for screencasting tutorials on youtube. :cool:

Thanks to Spdfreak34 for pointing this feature out on the phone.

Enjoy :thumb:

Latest LGOSP Download for Windows

I've only tried this on windows 7

Thanks. I was just (well, last night before I went to bed) asking about this.

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
The Spirit streams to the TV via PS3 flawlessly... I've been using it without a hitch.

In-action pics below

Here's how it works.
---Go to market and install iMediaShare.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...lt#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5iaWFub3IuYW1zIl0.
---Connect phone to home network
---Open iMS app and swipe all the way to the right... You can skip login... Now put phone down.
---Your PS3 can be connected to your network via wired or wifi... Doesn't matter.
---On PS3 make sure media server is enabled, then go to video/search for media servers
Bam.. your in. Enjoy :D

***Tips***
---The back arrow closes app completely and disconnects from PS3, but if you hit the home button it stays connected and you can do anything on your phone while still streaming.
---Your PS3 can be connected wired or wireless, it doesn't matter (wired is best).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-09-21-52-40.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-09-21-52-40.png
    223.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Playstation.jpg
    Playstation.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 93
  • NCIS LA.JPG
    NCIS LA.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones