1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG Spirit Root Hangout Lounge and Discussions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GameTheory, Dec 9, 2013.

1. GameTheory

GameTheory Android Expert

This thread will be to talk about anything you want or just hang out. You can talk about the latest phone, tablet, PC, Hardware, or even things in your daily life (Anything!!!), though this is not therapy lol. You must stay within Android Forum Rules, no exceptions!

Thanks to johnnyl1111 for the idea.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GameTheory

I'll kick things off...

My LG Spirit taken apart...

Damn thing is cheaply made lol. Power button has been giving me trouble. LG made the button attached to the plastic base with clear tape... Yes that's right, clear tape!!! lol

[​IMG]

Anyways, if you ever need to repair your power button just pop it out of it's place. Then you'll see 2 gold prongs on the back of it. Simply bend them out a little and replace the button. This is what I did and my power button is like new again.

Spdfreak34 and Android Addict like this.
  3. Android Addict

Android Addict Android Enthusiast

This is smart, it will keep other threads on topic ;)

Edit: Just thought I would add that I am ready to see the Dallas Cowboys beat the Chicago Bears ;)

4. jlede

jlede Android Expert

Dang Android addict your a Dev

5. Android Addict

Yeah just a basic theme dev, I am nothing compared to GT, PG, and aboatright ;)

6. GameTheory

Yes yes a dev can write some code, xml, smali, or compile source code etc etc. ;)

7. Android Addict

I can write code just not as advanced as y'all. I learned quite a bit from reading my c++ and java book ;)

8. OrKo

OrKo Android Expert

So since we've got this thread now lemme ask this, I'm thinking of picking up that nifty nexus 5 everyone is ranting about, but I noticed that it too is an LG. Now since LG decided with this phone that they were gonna start locking boot loaders and all, won't the same thing happen with the nexus 5?

And congrats AndroidAddict, I'm just gonna call you double A from now on ;)

GT great idea for this thread btw.

9. Android Addict

Its cool if you call me AA :)

10. Spdfreak34

Spdfreak34 Android Enthusiast

Nexus bootloader should be easily unlocked.

11. GameTheory

Thanks ;)

LG is just a hardware partner with google. Google always calls all the shots with their nexus devices. So there will never be a locked nexus. The N5 is easily unlockable and google provides the way to it themselves.

12. OrKo

OrKo Android Expert

Alright then I know what I'm saving my money up for. Future proof for up to how many years 3-5? Sign me up!

13. Android Addict

If anybody here wants to learn how to make a theme, let me know. I wrote up a pretty good guide for basic theming ;)

14. dharp1996

dharp1996 Android Enthusiast

Hopefully will be able to order that 32 gig black nexus by wednsday :D

15. GameTheory

Yes want me a black Nexus 5 too lol. Spent my money though on X-mas gifts for the fam so I'll probably have to wait till January. :(

16. OrKo

OrKo Android Expert

I'll take you up on that offer, I've been meaning to take that up for years but have been a lil busy working two jobs, raising kids, ya know usual stuff. If you're willing to teach, I'm willing to learn.

I feel ya there too homie, on top of that I've got a cross country road trip in March so I'm gonna have to wait a lil longer :(

17. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

I'm going to buy a white nexus 5 next month as a toy. I love the Mega for work, it's what i needed big screen an all. But its not something you use to play around with. NO GT I am not regretting my purchase I just want a toy also.

18. GameTheory

I wasn't thinking that for a second lol. :rolleyes:

19. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

That was the dilemma I was having from the start. Work phone vs. something to play with. I went for the work phone first. When i first got the Spirit I sill had the Esteem as a work phone. SO I could do what ever I wanted with the spirit.

20. GameTheory

Sooooooo has anyone seen Insidious 2? Kind of late and gotta get up early, but thinking of fitting it in lol. On the fences about it... Might suck bad lol.

21. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

suck a$$ movies are the best ones to watch at 3am lol

22. sahi2myfriend

sahi2myfriend Well-Known Member

GT is that pink spot on pic of your phone water damage..? Just wondering:rolleyes::eek::):D

23. Bard

Bard Android Expert

I google mapped Midlothian. Just 30 mins from where I live. I live in Irving, TX :)

24. OrKo

OrKo Android Expert

BNB if you just wanted a big screen so you can watch movies at work, why not just buy a decent tablet to watch them on and grab a nexus 5 for a phone. First you're going back and forth, then you make the move buy the Mega, on top of complaining about the high price on both devices, now you're talking about buying a nexus 5 for a toy?! (who does that, I mean buy a mid grade phone for a primary and a high grade for a toy) You're starting to make no sense over on my end homie. Lol

25. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

I never complained about the price of the mega. It's a work phone, not just a big screen to watch movies on. I'm a regional supervisor. I have to keep peoples schedules and phone numbers on the phone. So I can't keep playing around with it. Messing with ROM's and the like. Before I bought the mega. My back and forth as you put it, Was deciding on buying a phone to play with or buying a new phone for work. I chose to buy a new phone for work now. Than later get a phone to play with. ;) Why carry around a phone and a tablet, when I can just carry around a tablet that makes phone calls and has unlimited data?

LG Spirit 4G Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews