1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

LG Stylo 3 Plus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by James L, Sep 23, 2017.

1. James L

James L Android Expert

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Owner root-android-easy.com
    Peoria Il
    Likes or dislikes about the LG Stylo 3 Plus?

I'll start, likes hmm... Same as my old Stylo 2 as far as a comfortable screen size. My phone is used 99% for work.

I don't play games on my phones usually. I did play Final fantasy new empire something or other, but i kept getting kicked out of every guild... Hey it's my phone and I'm going to attack everyone if i please lol.

Umm dislikes. The Stylo pen design. The fish hook at the end is ugly.

Low loudspeaker volume, seems a little louder then the Stylo 2 but still leaves a little to be desired.

Advertisement

malakasinsd619 and omgb1973 like this.
  2. horsecharles

horsecharles Android Expert
    None

Dec 14, 2010
    NYC
    If you have to have a Metro only phone and / or a holdover until spring, especially something NOT SMALL, this is the besting thing right now.
    Ef the S8.**

Updates have made this a very decent phone. I'm very pleasantly surprised.
    I recommend it.

** for $4-500 you can get G6 Plus or its equivalent from Xiaomi, Huawei, OnePlus.
    But the timing is a bit off - the Chinese models are waiting updates to fix odd bugs, coupled with imminent arrival of 2 / 3 flagships... Which will trigger lower prices on all these... plus the Chinese brands are not a slam dunk to provide fixes or OS updates.

Time for a holdover... It's this or theTmo Revvl Plus (@ +$$ & no NFC).

3. Spec2nirvash

VIP Member

Jul 19, 2011
    MA
    It's literally a re-cased Stylo 2 minus the NFC, relocated buttons, no increased RAM (3 GB is almost mandatory for a bloated phone). And the Stylo 2, aside from being a bit more comfy in hand, is a lousy step up. Dual window on Stylo 2 only works with LG and Android system apps, while on Stylo 1 it worked with almost every app I threw at it.

I'd love to hear of any more improvements the 3 has over the 2

4. horsecharles

horsecharles Android Expert
    None

Dec 14, 2010
    NYC
    I never mentioned the 2, it's not available any more here. I come from G Stylo to ZMAX Pro(too many bugs + no updates or root possible) back to Stylo. If you require large screen and storage 2017 did not improve on 2016 already dismal offerings at all price tiers.
    3+ is not a super upgrade, but it's a sufficiently upgraded holdover... since there's now a glimmer of hope... between now and February something good at a decent price point should float to the surface.
    Comes with LG Promo... Free Google Storage 100 GB extra 2 Years. Open Google Photos, you'll get 100 added to Drive n Photos.
    Does have NFC... FM radio...OTG... Quick Charging... and battery + screen have been pleasant surprises after updates.
    It's worth keeping / not a waste of money.
    In the US there's really nothing else out there better, at any even remotely close price, with NFC & reliable software updates, "that is not smaller".
    Woulda been nice @$99, but then again, paid $250 initially for G Stylo.
    The reality is that Metro phone selection is abysmal.
    And Tmo not much better... too bad only got the smaller HTC U11, woulda took the larger one in a heartbeat.

5. ddaddo

ddaddo Newbie
    None

Aug 28, 2016
    How does LG Stylo 3 screen compare to Stylo 2 screen? Is the increase in screen resolution noticeable?

6. James L

James L Android Expert

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Owner root-android-easy.com
    Peoria Il
    I think theres a difference, but nothing major.

ddaddo likes this.
  7. SoonersChuck

SoonersChuck Newbie
    None

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Any Idea if The Stylo 3{L84VL) screen is compatible with the Stylo 3 +(TP450) ???

I found its actually cheaper to buy this phone instead of paying to replace screen...and strip it for parts...but I really just need new screen

8. malakasinsd619

None

Feb 3, 2018
    So who knows anything about to see ALL EVEN HIDDEN SPY APPS ON THE PHONE OR DETECT