• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Stylo 5 Root

2aFlame

Lurker
May 13, 2020
I have an LG Stylo 5 from Boost Mobile I've been trying to root but I can't figure it out. I've tried following tutorials but it never works, is it not possible or am I doing it wrong?

If it can't be rooted I'll just get a new phone but is there a list of phones you can root so I don't get the wrong one again?

If it can't be rooted I'll just get a new phone but is there a list of phones you can root so I don't get the wrong one again?
just get a google pixel phone....those are the easiest to root. also you can do your research over at xda developers forum. this is where most of your developers hangout. if a phone can be root, you will find how to root it there. basically check for the device and see if there is a forum available for the device. next check to see how active it is and if they have a guide to rooting. also check to see if they have a custom recovery available as well.

Reactions: Dannydet and MrJavi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones