• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Stylo swap logic board

Naturesninja

Lurker
Jul 13, 2016
Hello community,

I am new here so please go easy on me. My husband recently bought me an LG stylo for boost mobile which I broke the first day :( So I have been looking around at replacement screens and they cost as much or more as he paid for the phone. I came across brand new ones for less, but they are Virgin mobile versions. What I am wanting to know is if I can buy one of those and put my logic/motherboard/sim out of the boost phone into the virgin mobile version without having to go through the process of actually swapping the screens, as it would be easier for me (him). Thank you for your time!

Hello, and thanks everyone. The last thing Jfalls63 said is exactly what I am trying to do. The Boost phones are still about $100, while I can get a new Virgin Mobile version for about $50, which is less than what the screens are going for. Except I will get a spare battery, stylus, and back cover in case I need one by buying the Virgin Mobile version.

I tried to replace my glass after I dropped it in the parking lot outside of where I just bought it (trying the card trick) but ended up breaking the lcd in the process. I figured it would be easier to just drop the old motherboard into a new frame with the lcd already intact. I was just unsure if the two phones are identical (Ebay replacement screens/frames show just stylo ls770, but not carrier, so I am thinking it is?). I'm not big into all the bells and whistles, I just like the size of the stylo, and it having a stylus slot (already bought a spare battery and nice case too), otherwise I would probably just buy something else.

Again, I appreciate your help. I think I'll bite the bullet and buy the Virgin model.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones