1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support LG Stylo swap logic board

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Naturesninja, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Naturesninja

Naturesninja Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2016
    Female
    Hello community,

I am new here so please go easy on me. My husband recently bought me an LG stylo for boost mobile which I broke the first day :( So I have been looking around at replacement screens and they cost as much or more as he paid for the phone. I came across brand new ones for less, but they are Virgin mobile versions. What I am wanting to know is if I can buy one of those and put my logic/motherboard/sim out of the boost phone into the virgin mobile version without having to go through the process of actually swapping the screens, as it would be easier for me (him). Thank you for your time!

Advertisement

2. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
  3. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Jun 7, 2010
    Male
    USA
    Might as well just buy another one.

The prices of the Stylo will probably drop since the Stylo 2 and Stylo 2 Plus are now out.

Jfalls63 likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    If you do swap out logic boards, better check that the donor board's IMEI, MEID or ESN is clear, and isn't blacklisted. Because that can't be changed. Are Boost and Virgin phones interchangeable, can they operate on each other's network? Because this is CDMA I believe.

tube517 likes this.
  5. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    I think they broke the screen on the Boost Mobile Stylo. They want to use the Virgin Mobile Stylo screen and body to replace it by putting the original Boost board into Virgin Stylo.

Naturesninja and mikedt like this.
  6. Naturesninja

Naturesninja Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2016
    Female
    Hello, and thanks everyone. The last thing Jfalls63 said is exactly what I am trying to do. The Boost phones are still about $100, while I can get a new Virgin Mobile version for about $50, which is less than what the screens are going for. Except I will get a spare battery, stylus, and back cover in case I need one by buying the Virgin Mobile version.

I tried to replace my glass after I dropped it in the parking lot outside of where I just bought it (trying the card trick) but ended up breaking the lcd in the process. I figured it would be easier to just drop the old motherboard into a new frame with the lcd already intact. I was just unsure if the two phones are identical (Ebay replacement screens/frames show just stylo ls770, but not carrier, so I am thinking it is?). I'm not big into all the bells and whistles, I just like the size of the stylo, and it having a stylus slot (already bought a spare battery and nice case too), otherwise I would probably just buy something else.

Again, I appreciate your help. I think I'll bite the bullet and buy the Virgin model.

Jfalls63 likes this.
  7. Naturesninja

Naturesninja Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2016
    Female
    Just thought I would update since I hate reading threads looking for an answer only to find that the OP never said how it turned out in the end. Turned out to be the same, no problems with motherboard install, back up and running. Chances are the Sprint model is swap-able too, I would imagine.

Jfalls63 likes this.