1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG Sunset keeps turning data ON

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by BudEd, Jan 24, 2016.

1. BudEd

BudEd Lurker

Hi all,
    I have an issue that Tracfone doesn't seem to have an answer to. I bought the LG Sunset smartphone and noticed my Data minutes just keep being used, even though I NEVER use data. Only thing I use is WiFi and only when I am at home on my very own network. All the features in the settings have been turned OFF/Disabled and when checking back at random they are still turned OFF. But Tracfone keeps telling me I have to turn the Data off to keep from using my minutes. They don't hear a word I say and just got into an argument. Seems it turns on at some random time when I leave my home. My talk minutes are always there and so are the Texts minutes. Yeah, some are used but very little as I am not the average person that lives on the phone. But I would like to be able to check out a website for little business reasons but only for a few minutes...though at present I haven't done so. SO, that says I should still have all my Data time available. This is the second time I had to buy Data time when I am not using it. Remember, everything is turned OFF/Disabled including notifications. What can be done???

Thank you
    BudEd

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. glc

glc Android Enthusiast

GO into your google play store settings and turn auto update "off" or to "over WiFi only".

3. androidmachine

androidmachine Android Enthusiast

Yeah, I have a similar problem. I have an LG Fuel Tracfone. It seems the "My Account" app always wants to phone home. In my case, it turns Wi-Fi on. I solved this problem by installing No Root Firewall and turning off all data and Wi-Fi access for that app.

On the other hand, you did not install Apus Launcher or Hola Launcher by any chance? I believe that one or the other or both turned on data on my phone. Not sure though. It could have been the "My Account" app.

4. BudEd

BudEd Lurker

No, didn't install the Apus Launcher or Hola Launcher and will go into the Google Play Store settings and see what that does. This really sucks that it does that and uses up all the Data time the I purchased with MY money. They should not have a device that does that on it's own. That's just not right. Thanks for the input also.

5. androidmachine

androidmachine Android Enthusiast

It's not the device, but the apps, especially the "My Account" app. All it takes is for "My Account" to turn on Data then the flood gates open and all the apps begin updating. Yes, change your Google Play Store settings. Also use the No Root Firewall and all will be fine. I really hate it too when they override that which the user has expressly set.