• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG tablet refuses to update

MASV

Lurker
Mar 5, 2023
Hello, I was given LG G Pad F 8.0 as a gift to me. LG stopped giving it updates on Aug. 31, 2018, with version V49520m, and it is discontinued, that is OK. I would like to get to the final version, and I see no reason why I can't do that. I am currently on version April 26, 2016 V49520g. When I go to Settings > About Tablet > Software Update, it says it is on the latest version, but that is incorrect, it is on version V49520g, when V49520m is the latest version. I have been on over 100 mobile devices, and I have never seen a device block itself from updating like this. I have already factory reset it twice, there are no custom settings, personal files, extra apps, or SIM card in the device. How can I proceed? Thank you everyone.

Hello, I was given LG G Pad F 8.0 as a gift to me. LG stopped giving it updates on Aug. 31, 2018, with version V49520m, and it is discontinued, that is OK. I would like to get to the final version, and I see no reason why I can't do that. I am currently on version April 26, 2016 V49520g. When I go to Settings > About Tablet > Software Update, it says it is on the latest version, but that is incorrect, it is on version V49520g, when V49520m is the latest version. I have been on over 100 mobile devices, and I have never seen a device block itself from updating like this. I have already factory reset it twice, there are no custom settings, personal files, extra apps, or SIM card in the device. How can I proceed? Thank you everyone.

AT&T doesn't allow their Android devices to OTA update over wifi unless an active AT&T SIM is inserted. Don't ask me why - I have no idea.

If any friends or family members have AT&T, you can pop in one of their SIMs to pull the update

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones