1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lg tablet won't turn on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chipstak, May 17, 2020.

1. Chipstak

Chipstak Well-Known Member

So my lg g pad 7.0 won't turn on... I plug it in and it will hold a charge but when I power it on it won't turn on .
    It just shows me the LG symbol and lights up...
    Any suggestions would be helpful. Thx

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Chipstak

I tried to reboot the device and samething happens

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what happened? all of a sudden? after an update?

MrJavi likes this.
  4. Chipstak

No. I was using it and the battery died. So I went to plug it in to charge and it never turned back on....
    Wasn't from any updates that I know of.

5. ocnbrze

how long did you leave it in the charger? before it died what was the battery percentage?

6. svim

svim Extreme Android User

If all you're seeing is the LG logo as it starts up that's often an indicator that the boot up process is trying to start up but is failing to access the installed Android operating system. Could be due to some random event corrupting the operating system (software) or the internal storage chip itself has failed (hardware). Diagnosing just what the problem is will probably more of a hands-on, in-person kind of thing. Given that's a six year old tablet there's a lot of things that could be the cause.
    https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g_pad_7_0-6352.php

This is very unlikely to be a fix but try starting your tablet up into its Recovery Mode and wipe the system cache partition. The system cache partition is completely separate from where your data and stuff reside so it won't affect anything you've saved or your installed apps. Instructions on booting up into Recovery Mode here:
    https://www.hardreset.info/devices/lg/lg-v410-g-pad-70-lte/recovery-mode/
    When running in Recovery it's a text only user interface so you need to use the indicated buttons to navigate through the different options. Select the 'wipe cache partition' option (this should only take a few seconds) and then try to restart normally. Again, I doubt this pertains to your problem but it's a nondestructive task so it 'might' help but it won't hurt to try.

If the above didn't fix the problem, you should look into flashing the stock ROM for your model. Flashing the ROM is the only option to replace the Android install on your tablet. Note that this is based on if that actually is the problem, if it is a hardware issue than any software solution isn't going help. Anyway, XDA Developers has a lot of info and relevant info on flashing ROMs for various mobile devices:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/g-pad-7

But this is a somewhat dated tablet so give some thought into how much time and effort you want to put into restoring it as opposed to just buying something new.
    https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-android-tablet/
    https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-tablets/

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  7. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

I could also be a bad battery. I know my Note 4 is tge same age as yours and I've replaced the original. You could also try booting it into Safe mode.

8. Chipstak

Thanx svim .... gonna give the above a try

9. Chipstak

After holding down power and volume button. . It gives me options to
    1. restart boatloader
    2. Restart
    3. Off

At bottom of tablet it shows Fastboot mode

10. ocnbrze

that is fastboot mode, you want recovery mode. try it again. it is all about pushing the right buttons combo and the timing has to be just right. follow the hardreset guide again.

MrJavi likes this.
  11. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Just follow the directions in that link as stated (sequentially). Don't experiment haphazardly with the other options and don't skip steps.
    But I wouldn't put a lot of effort into this. Clearing the system cache isn't a likely solution to your stated problem.

ocnbrze likes this.

LG G Pad 7.0 LTE Forum

The LG G Pad 7.0 LTE release date was August 2014. Features and Specs include a 7.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

August 2014
Release Date
Reviews