• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Thrill (Optimus 3D) Telus 4G Issues

jrymcmb

Lurker
Apr 23, 2012
Not sure if there are any Canadian users on here, but I have an LG Optimus 3D (Rogers) unlocked, using Telus (V2 SIM card) I have no problems loading up apps, or using them to their full extent on WiFi, however, when I am on 4G I cannot log in to my TD App, I can't view pictures on Facebook, or even run a speedtest, another note when I attempt to run a speedtest it tells me there is no network present.

Browser works no problem, I can go to any website and view anything, its just problematic when I'm trying to use data on my Apps, has anyone heard of this problem ? It seems that it has only started happening when I upgraded the OS to Gingerbread. Telus has no idea why this would be happening, and all LG tells me to do is a factory reset, which I've done twice.

Any possible solutions ?

Thanks !

Hello jrymcmb,

I noticed that you too was/still experiencing issues with LG Unlocked on Telus and the app not connecting to 4G – only on wifi. I, too am experiencing that same issue (Telus aswell with an unlocked LG phone).

Have you had the chance to get this resolved? From changing apn to sp.telus to isp.telus it’s pretty annoying to get this to work that way it should be.

Let me know if you’re able to find a solution – I’m running out of keywords to google when trying to find a solution.

-angelitojr

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones