• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Tone+ Bluetooth Headset and Adapt Sound

BigRedGonzo

Android Expert
Jan 12, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
I purchased a set of the LG Tone+ headphones to use both with my tablet and my S4. In reading some articles, I have found that the adapt sound feature on the S4 is designed to help compensate for hearing differences from one ear to the other. Since I am not spring chicken any more, I do know that I have some minor hearing loss (just ask my wife!!) I am wanting to set up adapt sound through the LG headphones, but when I try to start the training portion of the adapt sound it always tells me that I need to connect a set of headphones. Well the LG's are connected and I cannot, for the life of me, make the phone understand that the LG's are headphones. When using them, I can listen to music, do the phone thing, hear notifications ..., but I can't get the adapt sound to recognize them. They are, by far, a superior set of headphones to the plug in ones that I have. The one thing that I did notice is that when I have non-bluetooth headphones plugged in I get the headphone icon in the notification area, but the LG Tone+, when connected, do not show a notification icon.

Anybody have any ideas? I can tell a difference on my plug in headset with adapt sound, but would really like to set it up using my bluetooth ones.

Thanks,
BigRedGonzo

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones