1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG Tribute 2 (boost) reference guide

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, Aug 13, 2015.

1. midnightwolf

midnightwolf Well-Known Member

2. midnightwolf

When i flashed it

3. coolbeans2015

coolbeans2015 Well-Known Member

Could you please pull me your system.img & boot.img files? Have gone from one-click-root to brick and back... rooted now but no way to get a clean install of phone so can receive marshmellow (or any) update(s)!!
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    zach

4. Mike Griffin

Mike Griffin Lurker

How big is the kernel

5. RolandStoner

RolandStoner Lurker

I am stuck in a boot loop (soft brick) secure boot error 1003, pointers?

6. jimp31087

jimp31087 Lurker

Boot Loop also security error ... believe I'm still rooted can get into download and stock recovery mode ... lslg665 virgin mobile not even 2 weeks old lol

7. Yuniqu3

Yuniqu3 Newbie

I bricked this phone with SuperSUME. Dumb mistake with not having custom recovery for it... I am attempting to build a TWRP over the next few days for this phone. Using the http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/guide-how-to-root-lgls770-5-1-1-t3184649 method I am able to view files in the Send_Command.exe shell with "LS" commands. My phone is stuck in a bootloop however I feel there is still hope for it. I took a copy off of a friends phone of Boot, Recovery, System and carrier partitions in .img format. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I may be able to do to recover this phone. It is my life force :p

Included example of LS http://puu.sh/n3nqV/51a00759ed.png

midnightwolf and jamoosh like this.
  8. data2318

data2318 Newbie

I have uploaded the original LG Tribute 2 ZV4 OTA zip. It's the next best thing you can get to hack if there's no leaked full firmware KDZ. There's a new radio.img in this update. Have fun creating exploits based on this.

Download Link

Check Update script in "update\META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script"

#58 data2318, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    jamoosh likes this.
  9. huggs

huggs Lurker

OK so I have rooted my ls665 using Kingroot, and I got the xposed installer and a couple of modules running by following a link from this thread. My question is, is it possible to flash TWRP or CWM using flashfire or flashify? I'd imagine nobody has compiled one yet, but if there was one, couldn't it be flashed that way, and then on to custom Roms? I've had other phones with locked bootloaders before and that's how it was done

#59 huggs, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  10. midnightwolf

Yeah but not with the recovery you can flash a rom with flashfire, but nobody would try.

huggs likes this.
  11. midnightwolf

The lg leon roms would go nicely in

huggs likes this.
  12. huggs

huggs Lurker

So a Leon ROM will work on the Triumph 2 unmodified? Same hardware? I mean I'm not gonna be the first to try it, this is my only phone atm, but good to know for someone else who might want to try. What about TWRP for the Leon? Could I just grab that & flash it via flashfire or flashify?

#62 huggs, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  13. midnightwolf

You can't flash the recovery since the bootloader is locked

14. midnightwolf

Don't get me wrong I think it would work, I dont actually know i dont have the device anymore XD

15. huggs

huggs Lurker

Leon's TWRP doesn't work for the Tribute 2. Flashed it with TWRP Manager and booting recovery gives Secure Boot Error 1003. So I have no recovery now lol. No big deal for me really, but figured I'd let it be known on here so somebody else doesn't make the same mistake I did.

16. midnightwolf

17. anand9892

anand9892 Lurker

lg Leon ms345 kdz 10d was sucessfully flashed on lg ls665 tribute 2 upto 99 percent thru lg flash tool 2014
    and was hardbricked to Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 when restarted and connected to pc
    can someone fix this issue

18. Darby Blasik

Darby Blasik Guest

Using that logic I tried to flash twrp from the Leon and I have no recovery now

19. Darby Blasik

Darby Blasik Guest

Did that already lol

20. tat2edfreeky1

tat2edfreeky1 Lurker

21. huggs

huggs Lurker

Does anybody know how to get into the secret menu on this phone? I've tried all the #*#*_____*#*# codes I could find for the Leon, and none have worked.

BTW, I was able to get my recovery back by flashing this with Flashify. Just rename the file to have " .img " after it and flash away!!

drive.google.com/file/d/0B76ml2yzUbRZMmE4eG03bWo1N0E/view?usp=docslist_api

I wish it was a working TWRP, but at this point a working stock recovery is better than nothing

#71 huggs, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
    b00f0087 likes this.
  22. huggs

huggs Lurker

Can somebody please attach stock build.prop for Boost Mobile LS665 or post the minfree values down near the bottom of the build.prop ? I modified my minfrees and now apps are closing like crazy, some won't even open. Thanks

23. data2318

data2318 Newbie

24. d1sast3rp13c3

d1sast3rp13c3 Newbie

Ok 1 question: I rooted my device and installed Xposed right.....is it safe to flash the framework for xposed ? (dumb idea without recovery just curious)

25. Nadie Aqui

Nadie Aqui Lurker

MEID changed when I install tot file. Do you know how to change this back?

LG Leon Forum

The LG Leon release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 1900mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews