• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Tribute root

Is there any way you can root the phone without having to use a computer? Because I have NO access to one at all
I have found another way to root i do not know if im the first to discover it but i managed to root my LG Tribute Using KingRoot [App Version 4.0]

You have to have "USB Debugging" Enabled this worked fine for me

Root disclaimer, I am not responsible for any bricks, loss of service, bugs, glitches or anything else you choose to do to your device. Proceed at your own risk, as always, make a backup.

Upvote 0
Is there any way you can root the phone without having to use a computer? Because I have NO access to one at all
I have found another way to root i do not know if im the first to discover it but i managed to root my LG Tribute Using KingRoot [App Version 4.0]

You have to have "USB Debugging" Enabled this worked fine for me

Root disclaimer, I am not responsible for any bricks, loss of service, bugs, glitches or anything else you choose to do to your device. Proceed at your own risk, as always, make a backup.

Reactions: Steelers95
Upvote 0
i bricked my phone as soon as i turn on my phone you see the LG logo and it's stays there. Then i turn it off and go to download mode it works and its says Firmware Update.. Can someone please help

This is a late reply I know, but if you have the LG Tribute 2, Stylo and are on any of the various cell providers ie... Tmobile, Boost, Metro, etc.... and have issues with brick, need root, this guide on XDA will unbrick your phone as well as root it at the same time. Posted by 6th_Hokage and it is for 5.1.1 Lollipop:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/guide-how-to-root-lgls770-5-1-1-t3184649

Upvote 0
I'd give you my nandroid, but it has apps that I use on my phone (+ accompanying data), so no, can't do that. I don't have a clean one with a factory fresh setup. Don't have time to upload the system apk's, sorry! Try asking for those over at xda.

Back here to warn people of updating to ZV5. I got the update this morning, but haven't loaded it yet as I don't want to lose root. If you want to update to ZV5 and are rooted, the following steps from xda poster wajiema has the steps you'll need to follow. Make a nandroid (+ a backup through Titanium or MyBackup root, if possible) before updating to ZV5! This will require a Windows PC to perform the fix.

After the fix, install ZV5, then reroot using the original steps, or use the oneclick method posted by android destroyers in post #11 of this thread.

TWRP boot loop fix
This tut was made for people who are stuck in TWRP or Downloadmode. It will install fastboot and factory boot and recovery files. (These are all ZV4 files not sure if method works with ZV5 but it should.)

1. First grab the files you are gonna need. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5pmjmgixl...3BrXay4Za?dl=0 Download the: adb-setup.exe, Universal_naked_Driver_0.72, Stockboot.img, StockRecovery.img, Recovery_bumped.img
2. Install adb-setup.exe and Universal_naked_Driver_0.72.exe
3. Then you want to boot up into downloadmode. Vol + and plug in USB
4. Then run this command it will put fastboot on your phone.
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf
5. Then once that is down pull battery then boot up into downloadmode again but this time it will be fastboot.
6. Once in fastboot run this command to put TWRP back onto the boot partition.
fastboot boot recovery_bumped.img*
7. Once that is done pull the battery and let the phone boot into TWRP.
8. After that flash the FactoryBoot.img to the boot partition and the FactoryRecovery.img to the recovery partition.
9. Reboot and enjoy stock phone again.

Not sure if this has been posted else where just been seeing a lot of people have problems when install TWRP. This is a put together tut with the information I received from the forums and a few Dev's.

Original location: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=59637778&postcount=62

There are issues with people who have LG devices on 5.1.1 or 5.1 using one-click-methods on XDA's website, this thread has the fix, will unbrick-root at the same time even for devices originally bricked using the one-click-method on XDA:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/guide-how-to-root-lgls770-5-1-1-t3184649

Upvote 0
It appears that a developer named Unjustified Dev posting in the XDA forums has gotten root for this phone, and its variants. UD got it running with a MetroPCS phone. EDIT: this now points to the one click method.

WINDOWS COMPUTER REQUIRED TO PERFORM ROOT!

WiNE (or any emulator/system call overlay) in Linux/BSD/Mac will not work! Running a virtual machine for those OS's and Macs may work, but I suggest using a PC running Windows natively for best results.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/general/guide-root-lg-firmwares-kitkat-lollipop-t3056951

This is the page where Unjustified Dev says he rooted it (post #375)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/lg-tribute-development-t2953342/page38

Also have a working TWRP here (post #492). Look for recovery_bumped.img and download that to the external SD card. You may flash it with the Flashify app from Google Play.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/lg-tribute-development-t2953342/page50

This definitely works if it's followed to the letter.

Here's an excellent guide on how to use TWRP recovery.

http://android.wonderhowto.com/how-...only-custom-recovery-youll-ever-need-0156006/
ok so i need help please I tried to flash the twrp through flashify but i think it was the one for the f60 and now i cant boot up at all it just leaves me at security error if i try to boot up normally and if i try to boot to recovery it just shows the factory reset processing any ideas is there a way to fix this????????

Upvote 0
So quick question guys. I attempted to root my LG Tribute with the one click root method, it went through and said "done" but the phone got stuck at the boost mobile logo screen and will not do anything else. I can reboot into recovery mode and I tried to do a factory reset but bam the same thing happens, stuck at the logo screen. Any fixes or suggestions?

Reactions: fearmenotgod
Upvote 0
So quick question guys. I attempted to root my LG Tribute with the one click root method, it went through and said "done" but the phone got stuck at the boost mobile logo screen and will not do anything else. I can reboot into recovery mode and I tried to do a factory reset but bam the same thing happens, stuck at the logo screen. Any fixes or suggestions?
yes there is indeed a fix, user HasH_BrowN with the help of WARRANTY VOIDER AND scary alien created a very easy to use but highly remarkable work , is a Zip file that just needs to be flashed in through your recovery then you will be at your home screen and have a rooted good to go phone when you are done which should be a quick 4 minute process. The link to the thread with the zip file is

http://androidforums.com/threads/twrp-bootloop-fix-zip.947247/#post-7100567

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
:wtfdroid: YA diggggg !!!!!
My 3 year old created an android INSPIRED picture for this thread!

sonroottodad.jpg

Then he says that he added the spray paint to fix some parts because that's what daddy does when he wants people to know the right things

Upvote 0
America, I have successfully rooted my Virgin Mobile LG Tribute!!! Now off to install TWRP, and make a nandroid, then the usual root apps like Titanium, Link2SD etc!!!

Screenshot_2015-03-09-21-19-471_zpsfunbpyrh.png

Screenshot_2015-03-09-21-23-281_zpsjxjg3mg6.png

Is there any way to root without a computer? If I root will I lose my current service? I currently have unlimited talk text data. I'm kinda new to this stuff so simple terms please lol

Upvote 0
Currently, there's no effective way to root your Tribute without a PC that I've seen. (Please correct me if I'm wrong here.) You will not lose service if you root.

I was once new to all of this, too. It's best not to take to rooting too quickly. It took me several months of solid research to get around to rooting my first Android device. This was back in November of 2011 ,with a LG Optimus V, which I still own. For every new device I've gotten, it's taken at least a few months before anyone could get root to work. For the Tribute, I didn't see a good one until six months after the phone was originally released for sale. Anyway, most of the methods listed in this thread should work.

Give it a good few days of your own research and questions, at least. That way you can decide whether you really need to root or not. The number one reason for rooting this phone is the limited amount of memory compared to other Android phones. I'd help you with this phone, but I no longer own it. I gave mine to a relative a month ago. I'm currently using a LG G Stylo as my daily driver. Hopefully someone else can help out. Good luck. :)

Reactions: DaniRynae
Upvote 0
Currently, there's no effective way to root your Tribute without a PC that I've seen. (Please correct me if I'm wrong here.) You will not lose service if you root.

I was once new to all of this, too. It's best not to take to rooting too quickly. It took me several months of solid research to get around to rooting my first Android device. This was back in November of 2011 ,with a LG Optimus V, which I still own. For every new device I've gotten, it's taken at least a few months before anyone could get root to work. For the Tribute, I didn't see a good one until six months after the phone was originally released for sale. Anyway, most of the methods listed in this thread should work.

Give it a good few days of your own research and questions, at least. That way you can decide whether you really need to root or not. The number one reason for rooting this phone is the limited amount of memory compared to other Android phones. I'd help you with this phone, but I no longer own it. I gave mine to a relative a month ago. I'm currently using a LG G Stylo as my daily driver. Hopefully someone else can help out. Good luck. :)

Thanks! The main thing I'm trying to do is use my hotspot/tether FREE. All apps I've tried from the play store shows me this message(see attachment)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-06-10-53-21.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-06-10-53-21.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 0
Have you tried pda.net/foxfi isn't the lg tribute the same as the lg f60? Send me your software version and I can assist you

I have an lgls660. Virgin mobile. I'm currently on unlimited everything. Foxfi/PDA net will turn the hotspot on and show up on my ps3 and other devices, but when I try to connect it is unsuccessful. I need a way to make it connect. Without bricking my phone. Any other apps or hacks?

Upvote 0
I have an lgls660. Virgin mobile. I'm currently on unlimited everything. Foxfi/PDA net will turn the hotspot on and show up on my ps3 and other devices, but when I try to connect it is unsuccessful. I need a way to make it connect. Without bricking my phone. Any other apps or hacks?
Sprint hates Tethering they make you pay more i feel the pain try Wifi Tether Router from the playstore one thing is it doesnt work while on LTE so u will have to switch ur radio CDMA mode instead of LTE / CDMA Mode.

Upvote 0
Sprint hates Tethering they make you pay more i feel the pain try Wifi Tether Router from the playstore one thing is it doesnt work while on LTE so u will have to switch ur radio CDMA mode instead of LTE / CDMA Mode.
Virgin Mobile is Owned by Sprint so even on Boost or Virgin your on Sprint towers so yea.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones