1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG Update Tool won't install

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Psychopaths, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Psychopaths

Psychopaths Newbie

So I'm having problems updating my phone to ZVE since the update tool doesn't want to install.

I start the "B2CAppSetup.exe" that I downloaded from LG's support website. However, I only get this far:

[​IMG]

Then it just closes.

- I tried running it with and without Administrator privileges, but it doesn't make a difference.
    - Tried running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3.
    - I tried uninstalling all LG related programs, rebooting my PC, and re-installing.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon

Disable your antivirus:thinking:

3. Psychopaths

Psychopaths Newbie

I use Microsoft Security Essentials and I just tried adding it to the exceptions list and also tried disabling it, but to no avail.

4. Psychopaths

Psychopaths Newbie

Anyone else have any ideas?

5. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Try another computer or maybe disable the security. But you may need to delete the current one and try to download from the lg mobile website and make sure u you get the correct phone make and model and you select the first metro pcs .

6. Daweidroid

Daweidroid Lurker

Where to get LG update tool? I can't find link anywhere. I googled and click every link, even get some virus :(

7. GameTheory

GameTheory Android Expert

Are you referring to the "LG Flash Tool" to flash kdz firmware? If so, then I have it on my account here...
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347800052

This is what it looks like...
    [​IMG]

By the way, the flash tool is not a virus. It's modified to flash the firmware so windows sees it as a virus (false negative).

Some advice...
    This phone is quite old and you will not find any more support for it, so be careful you don't brick it or run into any difficulties.

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. Daweidroid

Daweidroid Lurker

Thanks! It works great and de-bricked my phone! I didn't think my phone is old. I am trying everything I can to get snapchat to work, some reason it doesn't work. I can't afford a new phone. This is the only one and my only hope :) I tried editing the build prop to spoof my android version so snapchat will work, but it didn't fall for it :( and now the phone has stopped booting. I will need to re-flash the stock rom again and try something else.

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. GameTheory

GameTheory Android Expert

It's impossible to spoof the latest Snapchat to run on Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread. Snapchat has code that prevents it from running on old android versions.

Maybe you might get lucky trying the oldest version of snapchat you can find. In the following link at the bottom there is version 3.0.1. Try that one and see what happens...
    https://snapchat.en.uptodown.com/android/versions

ocnbrze likes this.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews