• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG V10 H910(T-mobile) Wifi turning to "off"

Ph Bryan

Lurker
Aug 21, 2016
Hiya Android Forums,

I recently purchased a LG V10 H201 and love it except for an issue with the wifi turning to "off" randomly. This does not appear to be an issue with the phone turning off wifi during sleep or with my router options. Once the wifi setting is turned to "on" and a wireless network is selected the wifi will keep a stable connection permitted the router is in performing properly. Five minutes to an hour afterwards, the wifi will disconnect and switch to "off." This appears to happen regardless of whether or not the phone is on or if I am currently using the connection. I'm curious if anyone has the same issue on the same phone as I've heard of it on the same model and other android phones running 6.0+.

I have tried going into settings/Wi-Fi/advanced and setting "keep wifi on when screen is off" to yes, powered off the phone and removed the battery and sim card, removed battery optimizations on all apps, set all apps permissions to change settings to "no", and installed google connectivity services. I've also tried a couple apps designed to keep wi-fi on however i believe they are designed to prevent wi-fi to data switch-over and not this problem.

To clarify any other stuff, I'm running android 6.0, and my carrier is Ting. If you have this or a similar problem please post to say what you've tried and if you solved your issue. Thanks in advance!(I'll still say thank you if you have a solution, I just like to be thorough)

Make sure your smart settings isn't doing it.

Attachments

• 1471810049738.jpg
    1471810049738.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 159
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones