1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

LG V20 Boot Loop and Device Corrupted

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Anthony Lewis, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Anthony Lewis

Anthony Lewis Lurker
    None

Aug 19, 2017
    Hey all! Hopefully you can help with this issue. I have had this phone through T Mobile for a few months now, and am stuck in a real bind. As the title suggests, I have a boot loop issue and Device is Corrupt issue as well. The red Triangle is an issue with the OS. I cannot get the phone to boot to Android, nor get into recovery. I can however bring up the IMEI menu, which displayed the IMEI. I really need help, as this is my main contact for job search and family.

Advertisement

2. Leon Marco

Leon Marco Well-Known Member
    None

May 15, 2017
    Have you backed up your data before going through this problem? Can you enter download mode?

3. James L

James L Android Expert

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Owner root-android-easy.com
    Peoria Il
    Was the device rooted or stock?

Usually a pretty easy thing to fix.

4. Anthony Lewis

Anthony Lewis Lurker
    None

Aug 19, 2017
    I fixed it. What was happening was the first time I tried to update via OTA service, somehow the data was corrupted. I just flashed using Uppercut and LGUP, installing H91810p. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I was getting a headache from tinkering!

5. today

today Android Expert

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    spanaway washington
    Is any of this a boot loop in the truest sense? I haven't heard any talk of boot loop issues for LG since the v20 release. Only speculations.

6. Anthony Lewis

Anthony Lewis Lurker
    None

Aug 19, 2017
    It was a boot loop. I would get the LG Logo, it would go black, then the Device is Corrupt error, hit the power button once to dismiss that and it would start over. It was, in a sense, a boot loop. Upgrading the phone to the latest firmwarr not only got rid of it, but also more stable.

And it appears that the boot loop issue is still out there. I have found a couple threads in XDA that were having the loop issue caused by Device is Corrupt. I am not to tech savvy, so can't really get down and gritty on detailed or elaborant terms used in the firmware department. :D

James L likes this.
  7. today

today Android Expert

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    spanaway washington
    That's an acceptable explanation. My phone has done none of that as of yet. There are so many variables including usership that play into such failures that it's almost impossible to detect an isolated cause. Just 2 cents worth.

8. Anthony Lewis

Anthony Lewis Lurker
    None

Aug 19, 2017
    It looks like it has happened mostly on the H91810d Update. I don't have another to test this theory though. Not do I want to go back through the whole headache of fixing it lol

LG V20

The LG V20 is a flagship that launched in September 2016. The device launched with Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. The phone featured a 5.7-inch Quantum IPS display, Snapdragon 820 chipset, dua-rear cameras,a secondary display, and more.