• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG V20 needs wifi fix/help

alex23lg

Lurker
May 16, 2018
Couple of days ago, wifi connectivity got really bad. There are two scenarios. First, it doesn't want to connect to wifi even though all my other devices are connected to the same wifi/router, and under wifi name stands 'obtaining IP address' or 'avoided poor network connection'... Other case is, somehow it wants to connect but the speed of internet is just terrible! So very slow... So pls help, V20 is a great device and I hope I can have this problem fixed! Tnx

Tried everything, resetting, rebooting, both phone and modem, but no luck

Have you tried smacking it repeatedly with a hammer while uttering profanities? I've found that while it doesn't fix anything I usually feel better afterwards. ;)

Seriously, I think @mikedt nailed it with a hardware problem. The only other possible non-hardware option would be corruption of the radio driver itself which would require a complete firmware flash to fix. That's unlikely, but if that is the case, it could be indicative of failing memory, which is also hardware. Is there still warranty coverage?

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Couple of days ago, wifi connectivity got really bad. There are two scenarios. First, it doesn't want to connect to wifi even though all my other devices are connected to the same wifi/router, and under wifi name stands 'obtaining IP address' or 'avoided poor network connection'... Other case is, somehow it wants to connect but the speed of internet is just terrible! So very slow... So pls help, V20 is a great device and I hope I can have this problem fixed! Tnx

Try removing all the WiFi information from the device and reboot it, then reinstall the WiFi information as a new connection. I've run into this issue before and it seemed to work on various devices like laptops, tablets etc. If your device has a removable the better the fix. By doing the same process but only removing the battery after the Wi-Fi information was removed, then long press the power button for 10 sec by clearing out the bios. Then replacing the battery then putting the information back into the Wi-Fi connection location.

Upvote 0

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones