• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG V20 Oreo

D

Deleted User

LG is being slow at updating the V20.
The V20 Oreo roll out has been slow

Sprint & AT&T so far, are the only carriers to update the V20 to Oreo.

Who knows when Verizon & T-Mobile will update the V20 to Oreo
LG's 'so called' Update Center is TRASH

Its almost September, come on LG

Who has gotten Oreo on the V20? What has your experience has been like With Oreo?

I got Oreo on my LG G6 and it's been horrible. The first thing you will notice is your battery life is going to decrease, right now my battery life is 3-5 hrs. If you install it get ready to do multiple factory resets. This is absolutely the last LG phone I get. LG doesn't care about their products or costumers only the bottom line

Upvote 0
I believe you can turn that off though. you can opt out of OTA updates.

meanwhile I hear mixed reviews on this battery life thing. I'm on VZ so I don't have it yet either - but I work with a few people that do. None of them have had issue but everyone seems to have to pull the battery once the reset takes place.

Upvote 0
Oreo downloaded for me yesterday (Verizon). Haven't had too many issues right now other than a couple of my widgets not working. CBS sports widget is fully inoperable and even the Google search widget has had problems. Restarted a couple times with no improvement. Changed battery saver settings for those apps with no improvement.

As you all get the update, I would appreciate it if you could report if you're seeing the same issue or not.

Upvote 0
I got the update last week and it's taken me a few days to see how well it responds and if I even like it.

2 things I noticed right away - 1) it hates you having any other battery monitor apps running along side it. I used Accubattery and there is a constant note about accubattery using battery life. well no kidding - hey what about the other apps using battery life.

and 2) battery saver mode seems to do more now. I did uninstall accubattery and doing that has helped by battery % use during the day.

Still sucks down hard when in commute with waze and spotify on. Not that I expected much difference there.

But it doesn't seem to suck down quite as hard when just sitting browsing and the like. Nor eating up battery just idle. So I would say over all my battery life got a touch better with the oreo update. OR - perhaps - accubattery was using more than I thought it was. I suspect it's more a combination of the 2.

Upvote 0
so just over a week in.

few things I've noticed.

1) I sort of like the themeatic changes - back to rounded corners and the different icons and the like. It's OK but doesn't bother me.
2) camera is maybe better - really hard to say but it is a touch more responsive.
3) in general more responsive than it has been but it does seems to want a reboot every 2-3 days. IE it will start to lag opening things like spotify or the like - reboot the mobile - fast as can be again.
4) there are other changes that I might not have noticed. I don't like the new settings menu and setup - I prefered the older settings menu. minor gripe.
5) battery life for me has improved on somethings most noticeably either navigation platform.
6) screen brightness in auto works much better than before.
7) audio sounds a bit better when using high res FLAC recordings - I like the more granular volume control.

I'm sure there will be other observations later.

I know one thing - I'm not that interested in a new mobile right now.

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones