• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG V20 signal issues

pilot2fly

Lurker
Sep 19, 2017
Hi guys,

Just purchased a brand new AT&T LG V20 phone. It was network unlocked by the previous owner and that's the only time they used the phone before selling it. I am an AT&T user so I figured the phone would still work fine for me.

Upon getting the phone, signal in my house has become extremely spotty. With my old Galaxy S6 I always had at least two bars of signal and always had 4G LTE.

Sometimes it will be connected to the AT&T network and sometimes you won't see the AT&T letters listed at the top left of the phone, but youll have 2 bars of signal. When this happens and I try to check my e-mail or use data, I get a message saying Network Unavailable. The phone often seems to change towers and sometimes will display the AT&T letters at the top left of the screen and sometimes won't. When it doesn't it says Network Unknown. I am using my old sim card from my Galaxy S6. It's a two year old sim card. I contacted AT&T about the issue and they are sending me a brand new SIM card for the phone. I just have to activate it upon arrival by calling them.

I've checked APN settings and they are still set properly for the AT&T network. I've tried a factory reset, turning airplane mode on and off, and even signal booster apps. Nothing has worked. I've attached photos of some of the settings of my phone as well.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and found a fix?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-19-15-23-01.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-19-15-23-01.png
    312.7 KB · Views: 335
  • Screenshot_2017-09-19-15-37-57.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-19-15-37-57.png
    307 KB · Views: 293
  • Screenshot_2017-09-19-15-38-01.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-19-15-38-01.png
    314.4 KB · Views: 370
  • Screenshot_2017-09-19-15-46-42.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-19-15-46-42.png
    787.7 KB · Views: 275
let's start with a basic.

if you're not at home - in some city near you. do you have full signal, full data connection and use.

or rather - do you ever have full signal and full data use?

does it drop significantly when you get towards home?

If you don't ever have solid signal - and never have full data connection (4G LTE shows up). then I would say you have issues with either the sim card locking in - or you might need to reflash the phone to make sure you have the latest baseband and other software bits for AT&T's system.

or the phone is broken - but I sort of doubt that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones