1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lg Volt APN

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MainIdea, Oct 8, 2014.

1. MainIdea

MainIdea Lurker

How do i add a APN to my volt??

PLEASE HELP! LOOKED EVERYWHERE!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MainIdea

MainIdea Lurker

Help please!

3. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

The same way you removed it? Why do you think you need to add one?

4. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

You also need to not go hijacking other threads. :/

5. MainIdea

MainIdea Lurker

Bump

Please someone help i need to add a apn to bypass my tmobile throttle!

6. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

This phone is not for T-Mobile

7. MainIdea

MainIdea Lurker

8. MainIdea

MainIdea Lurker

Virgin mobile my bad��������

9. kwknott

kwknott Android Expert

Grab "Apn Settings Shortcut" from play store.. Not an app but a widget so go to your home screen and add new widget and select it. Once you click it, it will open apn settings.

I don't think you'll have any luck bypassing VM's throttling but good luck.

10. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Hi MainIdea, and welcome to Android Forums :)

We're glad to have you here, and hope that we can help you. We do, however, ask that you refrain from posting your questions in other unrelated threads. That can derail discussions and increase confusion for other members who are, similarly, just trying to get help. Also, please keep in mind that we are all volunteers here; we help out because we want to, not because we have any obligation to do so. While we do our best to answer every question, please practice some patience if/when you don't get an immediate response. You may do well to review the How to Get Help link in my signature. :thumbup:

As kwknott mentioned, you can try the APN Settings Shortcut app to gain access to the Volt's APN configuration screen. Unfortunately, I don't think that changing the APN will be able to bypass your carrier's data speed throttle. You could even end up breaking your data connection, so I'd caution you against experimenting with that unless you know what you're doing.

Good luck! :)

11. MainIdea

MainIdea Lurker

That gets me to the APN listing but how do i actually add or edit one, i can not edit nor add the single on that appears.

I have a way to bypass the VM throttle i just need to add my APN. But this volt is really giving me problems because its not letting me add or edit one.

Im very sorry for posting on another thread as i sent my apologies to the OP just got stuck on one page that took 15min to load so out of frustration i was pleading for help lol.

Everyone's input is much appreciated! :)

12. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

I don't have a Volt so I don't know for sure, but is there a "Plus" button anywhere on the APN list screen? Alternatively, if you go into one of the entries, can you press the Menu button and select Edit?

13. kwknott

kwknott Android Expert

Looks like they've removed the options to add, edit and removed entries. I'm sure there has to be another way to do it but not sure how that would be.

14. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

I doubt you can bypass vms throttling anyways

15. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

On my Boost S2 we were able to get around throttling by deleting the proxy server out of its settings in the service menu. Of course, that was for 3G... there was a separate fix for 4G, but I didn't have WiMax so I never bothered to look into it. The solution here might by similar?

16. rbeezle

rbeezle Lurker

there isn't a + apn. i need to add one anyother way to edit one? volt apn is blank.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews