• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lg Volt on Gaming

I've been playing Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 with no troubles, Worms 3, Shadowrun Returns, and lots of PSP ROMs like disgaia and final fantasy tactics. Ocarina of time was plenty playable as well. Most 2d or isometric games and emulators that are CPU intense do fine, 3d games with large ram requirements often get oom errors randomly even if they render smooth

Upvote 0
I've been playing Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 with no troubles, Worms 3, Shadowrun Returns, and lots of PSP ROMs like disgaia and final fantasy tactics. Ocarina of time was plenty playable as well. Most 2d or isometric games and emulators that are CPU intense do fine, 3d games with large ram requirements often get oom errors randomly even if they render smooth

I use PPSSPP to (try to) play GTA Liberty City Stories, and both audio and graphics skip terribly. Are there any settings I should change to make it run smoothly?

Upvote 0
the gta games are going to be tough for this thing, especially run via emulation. every game likes different settings in ppsspp, but turning sound off can help a lot, some games run smoother with multi-core enabled and some it makes them worse. this http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5236 has a pretty comprehensive list of settings to try for getting the most out of it. Even my Xperia Z had a rough time running Liberty City stories, though san andreas and vice city (native android) worked great on it.
that GL tools mentioned above its fantastic, though i havent tried using it in conjunction with ppsspp yet, but its magic.

Reactions: quickdraw996
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones