• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Volt Stock ZV5 Rooted Rom - Odex & Deodex

Link2SD does app removal and can convert user apps to system apps in the free version. You really shouldn't just go in and manually delete apk files out of the system, which I'm getting the impression you were doing. You don't know what you'll leave behind which can lead to instability.

Download that and use the post I linked above as a reference for what you can remove. Be sure to check the notes as to the impact of what removing certain things is.

Hey bg4m3r, just curious, do you prefer Link2SD to remove bloatware (or apps) over other apps? I've been using Titanium Backup for years and I was wondering what is the best app out now...

Upvote 0
Hey bg4m3r, just curious, do you prefer Link2SD to remove bloatware (or apps) over other apps? I've been using Titanium Backup for years and I was wondering what is the best app out now...
IMO, it's the best app I've used. It seems to do a great job of finding all the parts and removing, or moving them correctly. I wish it had a backup function.

Reactions: Volted
Upvote 0
IMO, it's the best app I've used. It seems to do a great job of finding all the parts and removing, or moving them correctly. I wish it had a backup function.

Ever try ES File Explorer's backup function? I have been using Titanium Backup (just to delete apps) and ES File Explorer together for some time. My OCD is kicking in so I guess I'm just going to have to try Link2SD with ES File Explorer and start over on a fresh ZV5 Odexed. Unless you can recommend a better file explorer? Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0
Ever try ES File Explorer's backup function? I have been using Titanium Backup (just to delete apps) and ES File Explorer together for some time. My OCD is kicking in so I guess I'm just going to have to try Link2SD with ES File Explorer and start over on a fresh ZV5 Odexed. Unless you can recommend a better file explorer? Thanks for the info!

Try root browser

Reactions: bg4m3r
Upvote 0
I did not know ES had a backup function. I use Root Explorer. Got it free from one of Amazons' app giveaways. :)

Upvote 0
The best I've tried (personal opinion) is the stock CM File Manager. Which you can get from XDA for any ROM. Let's be honest, they all do pretty much the same thing in different ways, it comes down to interface and what you like more. Exceptions being root vs. not root, and in my experience the JRummy file manager is terrible. It always asks for the "one time" resources download

Upvote 0
Has anyone noticed like a tad of a lag in stock. I've done a good amount of decent debloating but I've still noticed that I assume my ram or cache runs out quickly because whenever I return home the whole screen and apps need to reload, same with opening chrome all pages reload same with Facebook and Instagram. I only this phone only has one 1g of ram and I assume its whats crippling. Does anyone else have this issue also?

Upvote 0
Has anyone noticed like a tad of a lag in stock. I've done a good amount of decent debloating but I've still noticed that I assume my ram or cache runs out quickly because whenever I return home the whole screen and apps need to reload, same with opening chrome all pages reload same with Facebook and Instagram. I only this phone only has one 1g of ram and I assume its whats crippling. Does anyone else have this issue also?

yea that always happened to me. try changing low memory killer values, it worked for me. heres mine

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-19-00-03-47.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-19-00-03-47.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Screenshot_2015-05-19-00-03-53.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-19-00-03-53.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 188
Upvote 0
Honestly, I haven't had much time the past couple months to really do anything. Been working quite a bit of over time and then on top of that trying to remodel the house. Hopefully here within the next few weeks I'll get some projects finished up and I'll have a little time to start tinkering again.

I'm actually trying to get me a build box set up so I can start helping some of the other devs on their projects.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones