1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG Volt stuck in recovery mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ProStarPlayer, Feb 1, 2016.

1. ProStarPlayer

ProStarPlayer Lurker

My LG Volt is stuck in recovery mode and I don't know how to get it out of it. Yesterday I flashed the CWM on, and it was working fine, but today I clicked on the update for the phone and now it is stuck. I keep rebooting it, and it keeps going right back to the recovery [CWM] I tried to flash 2 different LG Volt Roms, and they were both were successful but as I reboot the phone it returns right back to the recovery. I have tried everything such as 'wipe data/factory reset' and 'wipe cache partition' can someone please help?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by bg4m3r, Feb 1, 2016 (1 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Installing the update with CWM has soft bricked your phone. Your first problem is CWM. You should be using TWRP. In the rooting forum, there is a stickied thread titled Brick Recovery. Follow that and allow your phone to completely update. Then follow instructions in the All Things Root post to reroot and install TWRP.

Also, where did you get the CWM from? There is one for our phone, but it's been buried in the forum. I find it surprising that you stumbled across it. If you got it from somewhere else, then it probably wasn't for this phone and the damage may be irreversible.

4. ProStarPlayer

ProStarPlayer Lurker

Thanks it worked! I followed your tutorial a long time ago for another reason, but I could never find it again for whatever reason. But it works now, thanks! And I did have TWRP at first, but TWRP would never let me install any updates to the phone or ROMS so I decided to go with CWM. Anyways I got CWM from here http://androidforums.com/threads/working-cwm-recovery.880181/

5. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Glad you're fixed. Seriously, don't use that CWM. It's bugged and not safe. Not sure why you were having issues with TWRP, unless it was one of the older versions. The current version (2.8.7.0) is all good.
    Regardless, don't install OTA updates with custom recovery installed. It likely will soft brick. We usually have update ROMs available shortly after an update is released.

6. SykkNyzz

SykkNyzz Android Enthusiast

We need to get the mods to fix that thread.

7. phan9998

phan9998 Member

I have troubles navigating n finding certain topics/threads using xparent tapatalk, where can i find the twrp recovery 2.8.7.0?

8. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/7164767

There's lots of new info in the all things root guide in the root forum.

Try out the Android Forums app.
    I hate the tapatalk app.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews