• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Volt TV Connection

TNSmokey98

Jan 26, 2012
I have seen this topic discussed before but I have been looking into hooking up the Volt to my TV. I know MHL is not an option as the phone doesn't support it but it does have mirror cast. Does anyone have any experience with it? Is there any lag there between the phone and the TV itself? Thanks for any feedback provided!

I don't have a Miracast compatible device, but I have Chromecast. Works great for streaming media, but there is a little bit of lag when mirroring the screen. Of course, it warns that it's not optimized for the Volt, and I haven't looked into any tweaking options yet.
How much of a lag do you think? Maybe half a second? If so that actually wouldn't be to bad for my needs.

Upvote 0
Well allcast will not work as I do not have a smart TV. I have the PlayStation remote app working on this phone and was trying to see if there were any options to get it to display on the tv but it looks like anything wirelessly is going to cause to much of a delay.
Allcast will work with things like roku3(which I use for streaming movies) and I think xbox and playstation

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones