1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tips LG Volt TV Connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TNSmokey98, Feb 19, 2015.

1. TNSmokey98

TNSmokey98 Member

I have seen this topic discussed before but I have been looking into hooking up the Volt to my TV. I know MHL is not an option as the phone doesn't support it but it does have mirror cast. Does anyone have any experience with it? Is there any lag there between the phone and the TV itself? Thanks for any feedback provided!

Advertisement

2. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

I don't have a Miracast compatible device, but I have Chromecast. Works great for streaming media, but there is a little bit of lag when mirroring the screen. Of course, it warns that it's not optimized for the Volt, and I haven't looked into any tweaking options yet.

TNSmokey98 likes this.
  3. TNSmokey98

TNSmokey98 Member

How much of a lag do you think? Maybe half a second? If so that actually wouldn't be to bad for my needs.

4. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

I wouldn't try to play games looking at the TV. Probably around a second, at least half a second. What are you trying to do?

5. Gendo420

Gendo420 Android Enthusiast

Would Allcast be an option for you?

6. adamhos1234

adamhos1234 Android Expert

I have an lg smart TV and miracast works with about a second of lag.

7. TNSmokey98

TNSmokey98 Member

Well allcast will not work as I do not have a smart TV. I have the PlayStation remote app working on this phone and was trying to see if there were any options to get it to display on the tv but it looks like anything wirelessly is going to cause to much of a delay.

8. Gendo420

Gendo420 Android Enthusiast

Allcast will work with things like roku3(which I use for streaming movies) and I think xbox and playstation

9. np6s4x

np6s4x Well-Known Member

miracast works with a fire tv stick, there's the expected lag but i'd say it's more stable then chromecast (which likes to randomly kill the connection)

10. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

I've never had that problem outside of YouTube, and I believe that's an issue with YouTube, not Chromecast. It also only happens when the screen goes off on the phone.

11. np6s4x

np6s4x Well-Known Member

your phone is very special though ;) :p

it does say it's not optimized for the device, so i don't expect it to work 100%

#11 np6s4x, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    bg4m3r likes this.
Tags: