• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Volt Visual Voicemail Problems [SOLVED]

Rarewolf

Android Expert
Jan 11, 2012
CaliFornia, Azusa
This is a two question thread so if I need to clearify myself up more then let me know.

1) I upgraded from the Samsung Galaxy Prevail, I am currently hunting for jobs and i just noticed something disturbing after tonight.
I havent had a working voicemail in almost a month.
I want to know if this is a cause/bug in the system from upgrade (be it from phone model or company), I have been with boost for more then 4 years now this was a sort of Anniversary present lol.
Anybody have any clue if I can manually fix this? I will definetly call boost mobile tomorrow, this could of already ruined potential job offers.

Now for the second part...
2) Visual voicemail,Free Trail,Premium,Pay...
I want the classic voicemail.. doesnt seem like there is a wayback for it. Am I wrong?
Then there is the enabling Ads for it... is this a crippled version of voicemail with ads? Do I still get my voicemail?

Sorry for the nubbish questions but searching the site and google did not help me and the second question arose after i asked the first.
Thank you in advance for the info guys and gals.

This is a two question thread so if I need to clearify myself up more then let me know.

1) I upgraded from the Samsung Galaxy Prevail, I am currently hunting for jobs and i just noticed something disturbing after tonight.
I havent had a working voicemail in almost a month.
I want to know if this is a cause/bug in the system from upgrade (be it from phone model or company), I have been with boost for more then 4 years now this was a sort of Anniversary present lol.
Anybody have any clue if I can manually fix this? I will definetly call boost mobile tomorrow, this could of already ruined potential job offers.

Now for the second part...
2) Visual voicemail,Free Trail,Premium,Pay...
I want the classic voicemail.. doesnt seem like there is a wayback for it. Am I wrong?
Then there is the enabling Ads for it... is this a crippled version of voicemail with ads? Do I still get my voicemail?

Sorry for the nubbish questions but searching the site and google did not help me and the second question arose after i asked the first.
Thank you in advance for the info guys and gals.

1) I think your voicemail gets reset when you activate a new phone
2) I don't understand your question

Upvote 0
1-If you've never setup your voicemail since getting this phone, then as donjuro said, you have to go set it up again. Although I think it should still function, just not have any personalized messages or anything. I just checked my voicemail after updating and it is still setup, but I did have to go configure it when I got this phone. I just had a friend test call my voicemail and it is working fine.

2-If you mean voicemail without the app, you can still call your voicemail like normal, but if you get rid of the app, you'll stop getting notifications of new voicemail.
As for the ads, if you disable them, and don't pay for a subscription, you loose the premium features and bonus features. You still get your voicemail. It would be quite a bullshitty thing to pull if you didn't, and it wouldn't make any sense to even have the option to turn off ads. If you want to see what the features are, just tap on the subscription and display ads options in the app settings.

Upvote 0
I have the same issue of not getting voicemail but I'm on virgin mobile. They told me it's a known issue and they are working to fix it. Problem is not only am I not getting the voicemails but I'm not also getting the phone calls. Then earlier my phone shows 4 voicemails from the past 3 weeks, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones