1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root LG Vortex - Boot Animations

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DiG DuG, May 6, 2011.

1. DiG DuG

DiG DuG Newbie
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    Computer Guy
    Gather around fellow Vortex users, lets talk about boot animations. :)

Yes, yes, there are many places you COULD go for animations, but the problems begin when your trying to use one that has been tailored to fit some other phone. SO, I was fed up with importing a mind-blowing animation, only to restart and see that it looks all "zoomed in" and you miss most of it. Its true, the animation may only last 20 seconds, and you only get to enjoy them when you restart your phone, but SO WHAT?! If you've rooted your phone, you know the joy of showing off a custom boot animation. So lets begin.

I have a couple of animations created that I would like to share, that are tailored to fit the Vortex.

Walking Hot Dog

Storm Time Lapse

Both of these are based on gif animations found on the web, I did not create the animations themselves.

There is a list of boot animations on this thread, and the one that blew me away was the "Cyborg" animation.

[​IMG]

So I resized it for the LG Vortex, and even created a startup sound in garage band to go along with it!

Cyborg Animation With Sound

Please Note:

1. No, these files will not perform an automated installation.

2. Yes, you should have a rooted Vortex, and basic knowledge of file placement and operation.

3. No, I will not hold your hand. The link I posted above spells out the steps in great detail.

Installation Instructions:

1. Back up your bootanimation from the /system/media folder of your phone.

2. Put the bootanimation zip of your choice in its place.

3. For the hot dog, and storm zip, simply rename them to bootanimation.

4. To install the custom boot sound, place the mp3 into the folder /system/sounds/poweron of your phone. (if this directory is not present, simply create it.)

I use root explorer app to do all of this, and I have no problems. If you are using a ROM that has trouble with the USB connectivity, remember that you can enable bluetooth file transfer. (google it)

Also, I am taking reasonable requests at this time.

Advertisement

Jared631 and yohobojo like this.
  2. kingjav3d

kingjav3d Lurker
    None

Dec 10, 2011
  3. Narut0

Narut0 Member
    None

May 5, 2012
    Ninja
    Konohagakure
    I've tried ES File Explorer, Root Explorer....even tried using terminal commands with su privileges to copy it into the folder. The message is always the same, seems to be like it's some sort of read only area, is there any way to get around this?

Vortex running 2.2.2

Tags: