• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Vortex Tether problem

jtz54

Lurker
Jul 9, 2011
Finally got my Vortex rooted with the help of Super One Click after trying and failing with several paid market apps. I'm trying to setup my phone as a 3G wireless hotspot for my ASUS eee Pad Android tablet. So far I've tried several including Open Garden tether, Barnacle and Easy tether. Each says successfully installed and functional and I setup the security and SSID but when scanning for a wireless AP with the Asus nothing is found. What am I missing.

Reading up on this a little more some posts say you have to load a new ROM and other Apps say it can enable hotspot function. The wireless hotspot app says it's running ok but no signal is transmitted?

Thanks in advance!

I'm having the same exact "Tethering started with errors" problems as you jtz54.. Someone please help!

EasyTether no longer works for me for some reason, PDAnet wants me to start paying them, and Barnacle just straight doesn't work.

Also, tried installing breakneck v4, didn't help at all. I'm about to get a new phone.. the lack of development and support for this one sucks!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones