1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lg990

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by upkeys, Sep 19, 2011.

1. upkeys

upkeys Lurker

Just purchased a LG990 phone from FIDO and found that the battery was not holding charge for even 2 hours. Did not even use for 1 minute. Just go it fully chargeed and removed the power from and waited 2 hours to find that the battery was drained out. Went back to the store, but found them difficult to deal with it. Is there an issue with the battery on this phone? Please help:thinking::thinking:

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

The only LG phone I can come up with with the name LG990, is the LG Viewty, is that the phone you're referring to?

Regardless, 2 hours does seem way too low. What did the store say when you took it back to them?

upkeys likes this.
  3. upkeys

upkeys Lurker

they said that u had too many apps open and i said to them that they had set it up for me. They said that the battery issue is for all touch phones and that this was a dual processor phone and that is why the issues. I told that i have a Blackberry and no such issues with phone.

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

The battery on most smart phones is rubbish for the first couple of weeks, it gets better as time goes on, but 2 hours is terrible.

You've said it's dual core, so I presume it's the Optimus 2X?

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

LGP990 = Optimus 2X according to GSMArena.
    LG Optimus 2X - Full phone specifications

2 hours would depend upon usage. A single core 1Ghz phone can drain the battery in about less than 3hrs if I play an HD video on it, or browse continuously.