• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lgk540 cricket brought to metro (hotspot problem)

milam421710

Lurker
Apr 25, 2017
Hello, Im an ex cricket wireless customer that had recently (4 days ago), made the switch to metropcs, solely for the ability to utilize the mobile hotspot feature. I am currently on the $60 a month UNLIMITED plan, with 8gb of mobile hotspot. My device was succesfully unlocked from the cricket wireless network, sim card replaced, and somewhat succesfully added to the metropcs network. Now, out of pure frustration, I tinkered with the apn settings, and the wifi hotspot settings. Even though I can adjust the setttings for the hotspot feature I still cannot turn on hotspot. I will post pics of the current apn settings I am using that allow me to make calls, send text messages, and surf the web as well as all apps I have installed. The dealer (I believe), entered her own apn settings when the sim card was switched to (metropcs), and that as well allowed me to make calls, send texts, and use the internet. Once again out of frustration, I reset the apn settings to default, and was left with an empty apn list, no calls, no texts, no internet. So, I googled ' default metro pcs byod apn settings ', and found the current settings I am on. That was what enabled me to use the internet, make calls and send text messages, but STILL could not use mobile hotspot. I then tried the last thing I could think of that could possibly enable the service I had payed $60 in cold, hard eared cash for. I have spent a little over 6 hrs on the phone with metropcs, and cricket wireless customer service agents, trying to fix the issue. Cricket says they have released my device 100% on their end and their was nothing more they could do, and metropcs walked me through what I believe to be all of their network troubleshooting guides. I really hope their was one that they did not tell me about, and one of you can walk me right up to the gates of heaven, where high speed data, and fast mobile hotspot are in abudance and blonde bikini models advertise truth not false services. Now you know what 6 hrs on the phone with customer service can do to a man! Itll drive him damn near right out of his mind, lol. I submitted a ticket to a 'higher up' customer service agent, but I have to wait 3-5 business days to get a response. Personally, I dont want to wait 3-5 days because I paid $60 for the damn service 4 days ago. Plus, I like the idea of ripping them a new 'hotspot', when they do get the chance to get back to me. Anyways, I will post all the pics that I think would be useful in diagnosing my problem. If their is anyone out there, anyone at all, that can help me with this issue, I will be glad to buy you a virtual beer to celebrate, and give a toast to the fast paced advancement of technology as we know it. This ones for you metropcs! Everybody give a round of applause for metro....................... hey metro, can you hear the crickets?.... 😂😂😂😈😈😈

Reactions: Rebecca78210

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones