1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LGL 16C backup/root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sam Stamport, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Sam Stamport

Sam Stamport Lurker

Hello,

Although I have many years of computer experience, I'm a neophyte when it comes to Android, tablets, and smart phones.

I simply want to backup all my files (contacts in particular), settings, etc. so that when I get a new phone I can restore them to the new phone.

I was taking routine backups of my tablet and smart phone by plugging them into a USB port on my Windows computer then using copy & paste to copy files to a portable hard drive. I've learned the hard way that this does not work. Apparently there are hidden files that Windows cannot access.

I've recently read about "rooting". I guess this is the solution, but according to my research it's not possible to root my LGL 16C phone. Is there some other way that I can backup then restore my phone's important data?

I've searched for apps to do this, but there are so very, very many apps out there that it's a daunting task to find the one that will do the job.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. d2thamiser

d2thamiser Lurker

3. Sam Stamport

Sam Stamport Lurker

Don't know what Gjjbvgjhf means. Still looking for a solution to my problem ...