• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lgl16c stuck in boot loop

As you can see from the title my lg lucky is stuck in a boot loop.
It is a lgl16c from tracphone, stock rom, rooted with the xposed framework installed.
From what i can tell there is no stock recovery on this device. Because if this i can't do a hard reset either.
I installed a tabletui enabler module for xposed and on reboot the looping began.
I can't use adb either.

I have a friend that owns this phone but I only got as far as rooting and removing some

bloatware due to the lack of information found for this phone. I have not tried a hard reset,

no need to, but from what I have read this phone with hard reset. With other phones that I

could not get to boot into a bootloader, recovery or to do a hard reset I usually have luck with

this.

1. Power the phone off, if it will no shut down with the power button then remove the battery.
a. Either way, remove the battery. =)

2. After the battery has been removed, press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds.
a. I was told by a tech at onetime that just removing the battery will not release the power / Discharge the phone. I personally have not the slightest but I do it anytime I feel I need to and have had good luck.

3. Reinsert the battery leaving the phone off

4. Press and hold the volume down then the power button simultaneously until the LG Logo appears

5. As soon as the LG Logo appears release ONLY the power button for a split second the repress it holding
both the power AND the volume down buttons until some sort of a reset screen or possibly something
you can work with from there.

I'm just guessing but to navigate the menu you come to, if you come to one, would be the volume buttons up and down and to possibly make a selection the power button.... but I could be wrong...Won't be the first or the last.

Good luck, Keep us informed and Take~Care!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones