1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lgusmms.apk

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Swainsmith82, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Swainsmith82

Swainsmith82 Android Expert

Ok I've posted in other threads with no response. So I'm starting a thread to ask this, I've got my mms inverted the way I want in every way except the balloon text. It's the only xml I cant find to change. I edited the list_item_balloon.xml to white text, but after I installed it you cant go past the message list screen. Lgusmms force closes when you try to go beyond the initial screen. What can I do? Has anyone figured out which xml changes the balloon text.

hammerdroid and biggiephil like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Swainsmith82

http://db.tt/MMVrMWi5 Inverted LGUSMMS.apk

This is what I've gotten so far, feel free to download. Rename existing mms and move this to system/app change permissions rw-r-r.

This is what I've got until I can figure out how to edit hypertext and balloon text colors.

mai8ko and biggiephil like this.
  3. biggiephil

biggiephil Android Enthusiast

I like it a lot

EDIT: I'm currently using it now for good :D I love the colors and square message etcetera, good job

4. Phubu

Phubu Android Enthusiast

Any pictures before i try pls.

5. Swainsmith82

No unfortunately not, I quit using stock a while back.. This is little older but the app matches the stock ui a little better.

Phubu likes this.
  6. justoneguy

justoneguy Well-Known Member

7. Swainsmith82

This a contacts/dialer I made a while back that matches.. You'll have to reboot after installing it to see dial pad and in call changes
    http://db.tt/GNzKq61v

8. biggiephil

Here's one pic

Attached Files:

Phubu and Swainsmith82 like this.
  9. biggiephil

App :3

Attached Files:

Phubu likes this.
  10. ZeroShot

ZeroShot Well-Known Member

I need one that matchs orange. I do like this tho. I've had the inverted I think I'm going to switch.

edit: I like the font u used in the system bar. I really want to be able to change the colors up there. do u know know how?

11. Swainsmith82

Font for mms?

12. ZeroShot

in the system bar

13. Swainsmith82

It's been so long since I've looked at that.. Can you show me a screen shot of what you're referring to?

14. ZeroShot

the font ur using for ur time and percent in the screenshot. what font is that? and do u know how to change the colors up there from blue to Orange or a different color?

15. Swainsmith82

Oh that's not my screenshot..

16. ZeroShot

o ya sorry. I did just switch to ur messenger. I like it nice job man. can u change the blue to orange for me. here is a screenshot of my home screen. [​IMG]

17. biggiephil

Is that Launcher 8?

18. mai8ko

mai8ko Well-Known Member

Awesome mms apk, man! The stock mms was one of my least fav things about ics. I like the inverted b/c it makes it a hell of a lot easier to read messages in daylight/ while walking. One quick question though; is the contacts apk you posted also supposed to be fully inverted? Because the contacts are still coming through with the white background for me. I like the use of the jb icon though! Anywho, not that big a deal if it is what it is. Still stoked to have a fully working inverted mms on stock.;)

Swainsmith82 likes this.
  19. Swainsmith82

The only thing o couldn't get changed was the background for contacts because that resides in the framework and I don't have the ability to edit the framework..

20. ZeroShot

ya it's launcher 8, I love it. I need to find some icons for it do I can change it up.

21. biggiephil

Ha nice, do you ever have problems with your lock screen? Like sometimes mine won't lock until a few seconds after

22. ZeroShot

no not that I know of. I just use the slide up thing tho

23. biggiephil

Oh ok thanks

24. biggiephil

Yet another amazing app..well two I should say. I'm using them both

25. hammerdroid

hammerdroid Well-Known Member

I have a noob question, but here we go-

Should I move the apk to system/app before installation? I know you say just rename and move, but is there anymore steps I'm missing? Wanna see if this will clear up my message pop-up issue...

LG Motion 4G Forum

The LG Motion 4G release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews