1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Liberty 1.5 for D2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MikeAce00, Feb 3, 2011.

1. MikeAce00

MikeAce00 Well-Known Member

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Android Enthusiast

I downloaded it, but this one requires a full wipe so I will have to wait until I have some time to back everything up before installing.

3. joeonetime

joeonetime Lurker

Was coming from Fission, so I did a full restore from a vanilla SBF just to be safe. Used One Click Root, installed Koush's Bootstrap Recovery, and installed Liberty 1.5 in no time!

One note for Exchange users: I tried to set up my Exchange information in "Accounts & Sync" (under "Settings") and kept getting an error that it "could not connect to server". I configured the account in the "Mail" application without a problem, and my mail, calendar and contacts are syncing just fine.

Nice work, guys!

4. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Android Expert

This rom is awesome!
    Great selection of themes, fonts, customized icons, etc. right from the toolbox.

I remember having to flash all these add ons. Now they're all available in a nice menu with pictures, and just takes a few moments to switch between them

5. shizumie

shizumie Newbie

Amazingly smooth rom, Installed with ease, and haven't had a problem yet. Loads of customization!

Liberty 1.5
    Watermark'D

6. volsfan1965

volsfan1965 Lurker

I am getting ready to root my d2 global, my first droid, first root so newb.
    anyway I need to know that all the instructions I have for the rooting of the d2 will work on the global. I am going to use z4root bootstrap recovery for d2 and from there I need to know what else I need to install.
    I have astro. also when I downloaded the bootstrap recovery it was zipped and a bunch of different files so which folder do i need to put on my sd card and which file do I direct it to. Im sorry for all the Questions but I want to get this right.

7. MikeAce00

8. tehshift

tehshift Newbie

Been running this ROM for a week now, and it's my favorite one yet. Very fast between transitions, tons of customization options, and very stable build.

Now if they could only implement gingerbread in to this.. :)

9. MikeAce00

This Rom has been great on 1 D2 but very buggy on another. Heading back to Apex to see if that's more stable on this phone.

10. RJT185

RJT185 Android Enthusiast

I'm up to three full days, and I'm loving it.

11. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Android Enthusiast

Works fantastic on my R2D2...

12. cali_yooper

cali_yooper Lurker

Hello everyone -

I stumbled apon this site and went ahead and did my D2. I am using Z4Root and selected Liberty as my install choice. Now all I get is a spinning Liberty Logo. Nice logo, but I am sure there is more to this than that. =)

Any how, does anybody have any idea of what I can do to get my phone working again?

Thank you!

A root noob!

13. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Android Expert

Try getting back into recovery and reflash the rom.
    MAke sure you do a wipe first.

Always do a nandroid backup to help you out in situations like this.

14. RJT185

RJT185 Android Enthusiast

I had my first random reboot today. It was just laying on my desk and I glanced over and happened to catch it rebooting. Beyond that and some issues with it being half awake half asleep screen wise ... it's been pretty flipping sweet. Battery life has been excellent compared to stock.

15. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Android Enthusiast

Wow...I just came from the Droid Eris to the D2, rooted, and installed this. Absolutely AMAZING ROM! This will make my iFanboi brothers and sisters drool over the customization options/potential available with an Android device.

Motorola Droid 2 Forum

The Motorola Droid 2 release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews