1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Liberty 1.5 is here - get in here

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Aggie12, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

[ROM]One small step for man one giant leap for --- Liberty 1.5 2/2/2011 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Hey guys check out this awesome rom I put together this morning between classes. It's pretty tight.

hahaa jk
    Brav posted a lot of the mirrors for themes and whatnot down in post #5. If you find any that are down over at DF or the one's I posted here, his should be good.

Edit: Fab's is the fastest. Here is the link.

when you're done installing, make sure you've cast your vote in the ROM Poll

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

already down lol

3. chacen.droid

chacen.droid Well-Known Member

WOOOO FLIPPING HOOO!!!!!

I wish I could thank you a billion times but 1 quill have to do for now

4. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

really? I've got 5 minutes left. THATS RIGHT. 5 MINUTES. making backup nao.

5. Brav1111

Brav1111 Well-Known Member

To sum it up, install like normal ROM, but they recommend wiping your data even if coming from Liberty 1.0

THESE DOWNLOADS MIGHT ONLY WORK IF YOU ARE ON A COMPUTER

ROM
    Liberty 1.5 for DX

Themes (Place in liberty\downloads folder, named as is and then install via toolbox)
    Liberty Theme (Default)
    Gingerbread
    Gingerbread Red
    Gingerbread Purple
    Gingerbread Blue
    Linear
    Big DX Crystal
    Nex-Theme
    Gala Theme
    Revolution
    Revolution Remix
    Cyan Galaxy
    UD Theme
    Frost Theme
    Mysterious Beast
    Watermark'D

All themes installed fine on my device using the toolbox.

6. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

Why wouldn't you just post this in the thread I started...

7. chacen.droid

Lucky for you bro... my girlfriend decieded tonight was date night so I'm forced to download on 3G.. its been surprisingly quick servers aren't getting hit to hard yet I guess the early bird does catch the worm... thank the lord for Twitter lol

8. Raptor912

Raptor912 Android Enthusiast

119 MB....Flashing now! :D

9. Brav1111

It is best to have it on top of thread.

10. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

haha right? I have good luck downloading on 3g it honestly doesn't seem to take that long, relatively speaking. And I like your style haha tappin on Android Forums and downloading ROMs on a date lol

11. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

well aggie it was my wireless tether that was causing the problem, i just got done flashing lol

im digging all the yellow themed icons

12. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

Ok cool. I put your mirror in my original post :)

13. chacen.droid

Baahh its not like its a first date or anything lol

She knew I was a phone nerd when she bought me my Droid she's done it to herself =P

14. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

downloaded from Fab's mirror in about 2 minutes for me...going to flash right now

15. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

haha I'm glad you got it on there!
    And yeah those icons look saweet. Too bad I don't use icons or care for all the yellow lol. But I can still appreciate good quality work lol.
    hahaha! Well it sounds like you've got a keeper there!

16. Steven58

Downloading from Fab's mirror. Only two minutes. Going to install and make a backup.

Nice find! +1

17. Steven58

I merged the threads as it doesn't seem necessary to have two on the same subject, especially if the mirrors are now mentioned in the first post's op.

chacen.droid and Aggie12 like this.
  18. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

And to think I almost was going to go to bed at a reasonable hour, then I checked twitter. :mad::D

Steven58 likes this.
  19. MikeAce00

MikeAce00 Well-Known Member

Installing Now

20. chacen.droid

Flashed and setup all I have to say is WOW the improvements and adds jrummy put in the toolbox are amazing the new options like the icon picker is beyond dope and the stock liberty icons have me completely shook.. performance is no slouch here either scored a 1368 in quadrant right outta the box and my Droid is usually very sluggish for the first 4 or 5 hours after a ROM install, I do hope kejar did a little work on battery life with 1.5 I guess we shall see... the best way I can sum it all up is "GO LIBERTY OR GO HOME"

Another awesome thing that is coming out of liberty 1.5 is I let my girl play around with it for a while and after seeing it she decided to let me root her OG Droid and go to work on it; I've been begging her to let me for like 2 months and this ROM did the trick I'm hella cyched to see what an unlocked boot loader is all about... all hail kejar and jrummy you guys are the ish for real!

21. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

Yeah man I'm loving the changes to the toolbox. But beware about that open bootloader. . . The OG droid will require a lot of researching cause you can do sooooooo much more. Also, more damage. . . :eek:

22. Brav1111

OK, the mirrors are located in post #5. I have the ROMs and all the Themes.

This obviously isn't an issue right now, but later today they might become important, so Aggie you might want to mention them in the first post.

All the themes installed fine on my device.

Night.

Aggie12 likes this.
  23. chacen.droid

Word.. I have been reading up on it all for a while and I intend on doing alot more reading as well as some question asking over in the OG section believe me ill be waiting until I'm 110 percent positive on what I'm doing before messing with her Droid lol.

24. Sacred

Sacred Newbie

Downloading now, cannot wait...Thanks a ton!

Wow, quadrant score was 1403 out of the box, too sweet!

25. Stradevarius

Stradevarius Newbie

So pumped! Flashing to Liberty 1.0 was the best thing I did for my DX and i'm sure 1.5 is going to be even better!

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews