1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Liberty 1.5 is rapeing my battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thegummyjar, Feb 13, 2011.

1. thegummyjar

thegummyjar Well-Known Member

on 1.0 I got great battery life. example 1.5, I woke up at 8:30am @100% I'm at 60% @11:48am.. ummm help. oh btw Atrix4G 1900mah battery here I come. :)

Advertisement

2. dabomb224

dabomb224 Android Enthusiast

Do me a favor and check your Spare Parts sensor usage. My Dialer is using sensors nonstop.

3. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Android Expert

Have you checked spare parts to see what's running? My battery on liberty 1.5 last really well. Been unplugged for 2 hours with pretty moderate to borderline heavy use and it just switched to 90% about 10 minutes ago

4. Greavous

Greavous Android Enthusiast

Had this problem and my battery stats showed that my wifi was the culprit. I shut it down and my battery has lasted more than a day for over a week. No idea what the cause is.

5. thegummyjar

thegummyjar Well-Known Member

I'm having a brain fart.. for some reason I can not find spare parts. Iv see it before

6. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Android Expert

Menu button>settings>liberty settings>spare parts

7. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

Had had same battery issues 1.5 drain battery bad. Never could find problem. Went back to 1.0

8. jlewis74

jlewis74 Well-Known Member

I unplugged mine at 8am I am now at 60%, this is with my son playing angry birds for over an hour wi-fi running for half the day. So far not bad.

9. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

You don't want wi-fi turned on unless you're actually using it. I use y5 battery saver to manage mine. Using it when available will help battery life and improve your download speed, assuming it's faster than 3G.

Watchdog is also an app I recommend.

10. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

I switched back to Liberty 1.0 yesterday and been running it today and it is 6:00 pm and battery is at 80% (this late in the day with 1.5 my battery would be no better than 50 - 60%), this has been with fairly light use. Tomorrow will tell better.

11. mruno

mruno Android Expert

12. xliderider

xliderider Android Expert

As much as I love Liberty, I'm trying ApeX 1.4.0 RC2, and the battery life seems to be a lot better than on Liberty 1.5

13. BH3

BH3 Newbie

Apex 1.4 battery life has actually been worse for me than when I used 1.3. Guess this is where the phrase "individual results may vary" comes into play. Giving Liberty 1.5 another try.

14. novemberwhiskey

novemberwhiskey Android Enthusiast

+1

15. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

Well, I just proved how much Liberty 1.5 is killing my extended battery. With 1.5 running, my phone would show 60% after being off charger for around 6-7 hours, then usually by 9-10 hours I would be down to around 40 - 50%. Horrible battery life. So, I restored my stock nandroid backup I made right after I rooted my X last night and then fully charged my X around 6:45 am and after being off charge now for around 13 hours I am at 80% battery (8:30 pm). This testing was done in the same conditions on both ROM's. I was in my office for most of the time, like I normally am, so should not have anything that would have skewed the results.

I really like Liberty 1.5, but I cannot live with that kind of battery drain, hoping I will have enough battery at night if I am off somewhere without an electric outlet or car charger. I even applied the battery patch and saw no improvement.

Has anyone truly nailed down why 1.5 is such a battery hog yet? I have seen theories, but didn't know if it had really been found.

NOTE: Wow, is the stock ROM slow. Very sluggish compared to Liberty 1.5

16. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Stock is slow compared to anything. :D

17. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

Boy you're not kidding! I have gotten so use to the faster ROM's that I had forgotten how slow stock was. Makes you really appreciate these custom ROM's. But I wanted to test out the battery life, so I suffered through it for one day :cool: