1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Liberty 1.5 to Apex 1.4 and Load up Wtf??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by snowwake8, Feb 24, 2011.

1. snowwake8

snowwake8 Newbie

Ok so whats up with this??? I installed Liberty 1.5 to check it out. Then wante to check out Apex so I loaded up clockworkmod and formatted and cached. Then installed Apex. It installed great but here is what is weird. When I first boot up it says Liberty still...then changes and says Apex and loads up. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Android Expert

yeah, you have to go back into liberty and you can change the "Liberty" back to the stock M logo then when you load apex it will have the M back. Apex will not change the boot logo but liberty does. or I believe there are other zips out there to do custom ones

3. binary visions

binary visions Android Expert

4. snowwake8

snowwake8 Newbie

So...ok. You are saying I have to re install Liberty...then change it to the M...then Reinstall Apex...ahaha. Ok. Will do thanks. love it.

5. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Android Expert

6. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

7. snowwake8

snowwake8 Newbie

I jumped too quick. Already installed Liberty....but thanks. Now I know for future reference.

8. binary visions

binary visions Android Expert

Or, you can do it for free:

9. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

Oops, I meant to quote your response (with the free method)....lol

10. mac16

mac16 Well-Known Member

No No No all of these people saying you need to restore liberty to get rid of it are wrong. I keep seeing that info being passed on and its not necessary at all.

I had the same thing going on and all i did was download one of tntdroid's m logo replacement files, put it on my sd card and flash it and the liberty logo is replaced with whatever one you want to use. I went with the honeycomb bee.

11. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

I don't think anyone is saying it's necessary to restore Liberty just to replace the boot logo, it's an option.....I wouldn't restore just for that, there are easier and faster options to doing so, some of which have already been mentioned in this very same thread.