1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Liberty and theme question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xenotype, Feb 4, 2011.

1. xenotype

xenotype Newbie

AnI just installed liberty 1.5 and I've seen people saying that themes have to be specifically made for a ROM. I'm new to the Rom scene and am having difficulty understanding this as I thought a theme only changed appearance not the function of the phone. Does this mean themes from here: Themes HTC HD2 will not work on Liberty1.5? And why. Maybe I could understand it better if it wasn't all in German.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Xeneize480

Xeneize480 Android Enthusiast

to be safe for now, use the themes from Liberty Toolbox.

Themes from HTC HD2 will not work with Liberty 1.5 unless some one updates the theme to work with Liberty 1.5

3. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

That's what google translate is for;)
    But no. You can't use a theme that was specifically created for Liberty 1.5. Different ROMs are set up differently in the way that they call for different images. If a ROM calls for an image and its not there then there will be problems. Along with themes in the toolbox there are also themes at the various forums, i.e. here, Droidforums, xda, and the like. As long as the creator of the theme used Liberty 1.5 as the base you will be good 2 go. A lot of themes will not make it to the toolbox. Especially a lot that have been created by people that have not been credited as "official themers" even though their work is awesome, i.e. Faber, bouchigo, and I'm sure there are others that I didn't include but those are the two I can think of off the top of my head.

4. xenotype

xenotype Newbie

Alright, thanks for the fast replies. Guess I will be sitting around a bit for more themes to come out considering that 1.5 came out just last night.

5. xenotype

xenotype Newbie

Does something like dxtop sweeter home or ahome count as a theme, or are those more like launcherpro

6. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

Like launcherpro. Those are referred to as Home replacements or launchers

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews