1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Liberty, I really want to like you, or at least get my money's worth

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TBoomer, Jun 11, 2011.

1. TBoomer

TBoomer Newbie

I have installed and uninstalled Liberty a few times. I had it before the switch to GB, and really liked it. After playing with Blur for a while, I downloaded V0.07, which wasn't that great. Thought that since it was a Nightly, it was just buggy. So today I installed v.06, and it's the same. Getting force closes on LP any time I try to get my original wallpaper back. I really don't want a Liberty wallpaper, and if forced to choose, I'll get rid of Liberty again. Any way to make this work better, or is it just buggy as hell? Also, where are all of the themes? Miss those!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

i am running .07 without issue. i have had issue with LPP after restoring LP backup from withing LP or from TIBU. its best to just redo all the LPP settings.
    This version of liberty is the best my DX has run in a while.

3. xmike

xmike Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the op. My X ran better on plain ol rooted GB. I do seem to get better battery life on Lib, but GB was giving me all day anyway. They say v.08 is coming soon, so maybe that'll be the trick. Just saw this one though, and I think I'll give it a try ROM-Xcellerated

4. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Oh, lookee, stock GB theme. No green icons. :D

Let us know how it works for you.

5. imronburgundy

imronburgundy Android Enthusiast

.07 works great for me. Must be the way you installed it. Make sure to wipe data and dalvik

6. droidfan1

droidfan1 Android Enthusiast

How's the battery life?

7. TBoomer

TBoomer Newbie

After a few hard resets, things are working well. Just saw .0.8 is out on the nightlies. Just when you think you can settle in...Grr! Now I'm getting horrible battery life, but that's probably due to overclocking at 1.35. I really don't mind, though, since I am never without a charger.

8. droidfan1

droidfan1 Android Enthusiast

I'll wait for 1.0 then.

9. TBoomer

TBoomer Newbie

I went back to normal processing speed for the day and battery life was back to normal. About 9 hours of moderate use took me down to 40%. Not too shabby. After overclocking back to 1.35 I am getting consistent quadrant scores of 2230-2270, with a high of 2293. Not that it means anything, but it's a huge jump from the 16XX stock gives me on Liberty. HTH!

10. gizbug

gizbug Well-Known Member

Heard there are a lot of issues with v8

11. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert

I have none.

12. PGood

PGood Newbie

I am running Liberty2.0 and about 4 or 5 times a day, my phone restarts on its own. Anyone else having this issue or a fix. Liberty1.5 never did this. :/

13. TBoomer

TBoomer Newbie

Care to cite a source, or do you just hang out in a weird clique of phone modders?

14. Liz4tin

Liz4tin Newbie

I loved Liberty and even enjoyed v.6, but when I installed v.8, I've had nothing but problems.

I had to sbf my droid three times trying to instal v.8 and to make it functional. It kept bricking. So right now, I'm runing Apex 2.0 rc. It's a very good rom. I still would prefer liberty, but I think I'm just going to wait until they get a less buggy version.

15. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

Where did you hear that. my v.08 runs absolutely great. Any one that has issues probably did not follow the install instructions or is restoring data from backups.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews