1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Liberty on. 595?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TBoomer, May 20, 2011.

1. TBoomer

TBoomer Newbie

I was enjoying Liberty 2.0 but flashed to GB for netflix access, and to take a look around. Can I flash liberty back and have the best of both worlds?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

No.

It doesn't work like that. When you flash a ROM - actually, when you flash ANYTHING - all it's doing is manipulating the file system to copy files back and forth. It's not doing anything magic like transforming your installation into the same installation + ROM features. It's just removing part or all of your current install and replacing it.

The ROM is built off a base Android version, and that's the version it'll run on always. Best case, when you flash a ROM over a dissimilar Android version, it'll remove your current version, install its version, and boot. Worst case, it will throw you into a boot loop and you'll have to SBF.

TBoomer likes this.
  3. trav473

trav473 Android Enthusiast

If Liberty 2.0 is a 2.2 (.340) rom (I think it is), no. you will have to SBF back to .340 and reinstall your back up.

TBoomer likes this.
  4. TBoomer

TBoomer Newbie

Thanks guys. Guess I will wait for Liberty to release a gb rom

5. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

liberty has a gb rom out, its in the donate only version lol $5 if you want it

TBoomer likes this.
  6. TBoomer

TBoomer Newbie

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews