• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Liberty v1.5 issue

VoidedSaint

Resident Ninja
Feb 10, 2010
Virginia
is anyone else experiencing a hard freeze with liberty 1.5? in example:
if my phone is left alone for sometime it will freeze and require a battery pull to wake it back up, overclock settings are at 1000max 300 min (stock) cause mine never stays at 1.35 max and 900 min

anyone else experience this?

random reboots arent that common but does happen, but the freezing happens maybe once a day. wondering if im the only one experiencing this

is anyone else experiencing a hard freeze with liberty 1.5? in example:
if my phone is left alone for sometime it will freeze and require a battery pull to wake it back up, overclock settings are at 1000max 300 min (stock) cause mine never stays at 1.35 max and 900 min

anyone else experience this?

random reboots arent that common but does happen, but the freezing happens maybe once a day. wondering if im the only one experiencing this
this happens on my gfs x with liberty 1.0 and 1.5....i have reinstalled 1.5 twice and its still very buggy ,,,,will be taking it off later and installing apex

Upvote 0
since my last post i had a soft reset, and a hard freeze :(

im wondering if downloading the file again and installing a fresh clean copy will help...
what do you guys think?

I've tried the same and it still locks up on me randomly...very odd. Someone on XDA told me it's because I need to reformat my SD card, but I don't know what truth that has...

Upvote 0
well i will try anything, this is the only rom that people make themes for anymore lol, so yeah im wanting to keep it, so i will reformat my sd card and redownload a new clean version of this rom and install it, and then wait...... just hoping no more reboots or freezes

Maybe try Rubix 1.9.7. I heard that was good and it has plenty of themes. I have not tried it yet, but plan on doing so sometime this week.

Upvote 0
darkslide is very stable for me, im just not a fan of that battery, and there are no themes for it yet, but darkslide doesnt really need a theme, im very phone of the designs that it has, but some aspects of it just do not appeal to me, i will test rubix out for a few days and see how it goes for me as well.

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issues. Random hard freezes that require a battery pull. I went back to GJ. I had issues with 1.0 also, I think some phones just don't like certain roms. I wonder if flashing the sbf and reflashing liberty would help.

i have done this and it didnt work, however, after earliers episode of liberty freezings, it hasnt rebooted, or frozen yet, so im going to download and place rubix on my sd card just to be prepared to flash, and redownload another copy of liberty 1.5 and just install a fresh newly downloaded rom of liberty to see if that can help it out some

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones