1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Life after Froyo update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WvFishFearMe, Jun 9, 2011.

1. WvFishFearMe

WvFishFearMe Lurker
    None

Dec 24, 2010
    Update went without a hitch. Problem is AFTER update, now my much loved (100% stock) Mesmerize is no longer reliable. I have sporatic loss of internet access until power-cycled. I see the roaming indicator sporatically while nicely couched. The built in mail application only sporatically works with Hotmail, now. The built-in browser locks up the phone on certain web pages, leaves the screen in a strange state, power button is not recognized, and requires pulling the battery. The built-in clock application, when using the Timer function, will drain the battery in about 4 hours; shuts down. The power button sporatically is frozen-out. Can only turn off display or power-down the unit by pulling the battery.

So, please, how about instructions for reverting back to Eclair so I get a GOOD phone back?

Update was via Kies to v2.2.1. A Thanks to Zebulon, will get in the (always deep) queue at USCC.

Advertisement

2. Zebulon

Zebulon Android Enthusiast
    None

Is that from the initial upgrade to Froyo? USCC just announced that you can take your phone in to be upgraded with a software patch for some of those problems.

WvFishFearMe likes this.
  3. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Project Manager
    Virginia
    wvfish...see my reply to your other post.

I wish I had read this post first.

Take your phone back to a USCC store and have them install the latest updates.

There are a ton of problems associated with the 2.2 update, especially when it was installed via mini kies.

4. WvFishFearMe

WvFishFearMe Lurker
    None

Dec 24, 2010
    I did the Kies update to 2.2.1 (SCH-I500.EE19) which merely shifted my Mesmerize into a slightly different wacky-gear. For example, I sent a text msg. to 3 friends and about a minute later that same message was echoed back to me 3 times. Still suspect I am missing calls. Know for sure the text messages go to the wrong recipient. Still get the occasional "no network" crap which requires a power-cycle. Still get a completely frozen or powered-off phone when an alarm should sound; both require the battery to be pulled. I am still schoolin' on a revert to 2.1 without losing my applications. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.