• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Life logging apps

snataas

Lurker
May 16, 2010
I'm facinated by digitizing and storing as much of the information in my life as possible. I'm currently using "sms backup" which backs up all my text messages to gmail, and I've recently discovered CallTrack which logs every call I make or receive in Gcal. I also track my location via Latitude.

What I would really like is an app where the media files I play are logged somewhere. If it was entered in Gcal that would be amazing. There are many occasions where I've heard a podcast and want to refer to it and I can not think of where I found it or what it was called. Also it would give me history of which audio books I've read and when.

Does anyone know of an app that does this?

Do you have any tips for other apps that might make digitizing the events in my life easier?

Thanks.

I don't know what you're using to download/listen to podcasts. You could just export the names of the feeds to a text file and them email it to yourself.
My first suggestion to you is to get Evernote. Thats the best way I can suggest to throw all that kind of stuff and then be able to easily refer to it in the future. One of the great things about Evernote on Android is that from just about any function you'll be able to access the "share" function and dump the item into the app. You can use all kinds of tags and folders to easily arrange them.
For example, I use BeyondPod to get my podcasts. If I'm listening to an episode and I want to remember something in that particular one, I use the 'menu' to share it to my evernote account and tag it.
If you don't already use Delicious, its another good way to keep track of interesting web page addresses and, once again, tag to sort.
You can also create a stream of your online activity (using Friendfeed for example) and then use "FeedMyInbox" to send a daily summary to your inbox.

Upvote 0
Do you have any tips for other apps that might make digitizing the events in my life easier?
A document scanner with an automatic page feeder that saves to pdf?

That's a good way to digitally capture even your paper-based life, because most of that kind of products produce searchable pdf files. (The downside is that (of course :rolleyes::mad:) they only exist for Windows.)

Upvote 0
If you want to log your media consumption, loungelog.de (also in english ;)) offers a wide range of media types to track. The service has just started, but there are already an Android App for tracking media on the go. You only have to register on the website to start tracking with the App.
The service is non-commercial and for free!

Upvote 0
If you want to keep an manual log of things you do most often (i.e. Shower, Cups of Coffee, Vegetables eaten), I created a simple Android app called 'Log Life' to make it faster and easier. It is button-press based, to avoid wasting time typing notes (and tags) into a qwerty keyboard, and searching through the disorganized mess that results.

I tried to keep it simple and fast, you can save your GPS location with each log and export the log to CSV. It doesn't have charting capability (yet).

One of my users, in law enforcement, keeps track of the calls he responds to. I saw his customized button set and he's definitely a power user, using the app to its full capability. Think of all the different types of calls that officers respond to, it must be difficult to keep a standardized journal. He's collecting some very useful data.

Check it out at: http://loggerlife.blogspot.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones