• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Light Flow + root ... anyone have it working correctly?

jroyjohnson

Jul 6, 2012
the developer has claimed the latest version on the play store is working for rooted phones, but I still am not having the best of success. I thought I'd start a thread and see how others are fairing.

The newest version has some improvement; being able to select different colors for different notifications and actually getting them to go off when you've pulled down the notification bar. however, it doesn't blink for me at all. When i get a text or email the corresponding light is a steady constant light if the screen is asleep. If you wake it up the light either disappears or only lights up very infrequently.

I've read some posts before the latest versions came out that some users had success getting it to work by actually turning Accessibility off. This seems to turn off the entire app for me.

anyone having better luck?

Couldn't get it work. The only feature I wanted was the sleep mode, but it doesn't work at all. Tried Light Manager as well, but that messes up the notifications light.

I didn't have that issue. When I clear an email on my desktop, the full notification remains (not just LED) so I just action that notification and no more LED

Upvote 0
Just an update for anyone interested.

I finally have it working correctly and loving it! Sleep mode works great too.
Many Kudos to the developer for all the hard work and personal help to me (as well as many others I'm sure) to get it all setup right.

I've attached the screen shots of what i have setup so far.

Now just waiting for some more flashing color options. (currently only red or blue). Developer hoped to have those out soon.

Upvote 0
Just an update for anyone interested.

I finally have it working correctly and loving it! Sleep mode works great too.
Many Kudos to the developer for all the hard work and personal help to me (as well as many others I'm sure) to get it all setup right.

I've attached the screen shots of what i have setup so far.

Now just waiting for some more flashing color options. (currently only red or blue). Developer hoped to have those out soon.

Have you?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones