1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Light Flow + root ... anyone have it working correctly?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jroyjohnson, Aug 19, 2012.

1. jroyjohnson

jroyjohnson Member

the developer has claimed the latest version on the play store is working for rooted phones, but I still am not having the best of success. I thought I'd start a thread and see how others are fairing.

The newest version has some improvement; being able to select different colors for different notifications and actually getting them to go off when you've pulled down the notification bar. however, it doesn't blink for me at all. When i get a text or email the corresponding light is a steady constant light if the screen is asleep. If you wake it up the light either disappears or only lights up very infrequently.

I've read some posts before the latest versions came out that some users had success getting it to work by actually turning Accessibility off. This seems to turn off the entire app for me.

anyone having better luck?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Some people have light flow working. I cant get it working. Using Light Manager instead. Only want it for "sleep" really.

3. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Android Expert

Couldn't get it work. The only feature I wanted was the sleep mode, but it doesn't work at all. Tried Light Manager as well, but that messes up the notifications light.

4. SUroot

I didn't have that issue. When I clear an email on my desktop, the full notification remains (not just LED) so I just action that notification and no more LED

5. sherlock5545

Anyway, if the leaked official JB ROM for the Galaxy S3 is pushed with the features included on it, the "Dormant Mode" should easily do what I was looking for. I'll patiently wait, at this point.

6. joemonkey

joemonkey Android Enthusiast

my s3 is not rooted and both lightflow lite and pro work for me. the only issue i have is when i select a custom color, it defaults to some other color as it really does not seem to support custom color.

7. jroyjohnson

jroyjohnson Member

Just an update for anyone interested.

I finally have it working correctly and loving it! Sleep mode works great too.
    Many Kudos to the developer for all the hard work and personal help to me (as well as many others I'm sure) to get it all setup right.

I've attached the screen shots of what i have setup so far.

Now just waiting for some more flashing color options. (currently only red or blue). Developer hoped to have those out soon.

8. SUroot

Have you?

9. Lead foot

Lead foot Newbie

Lightflow work perfectly on my rooted S3.

10. sherlock5545

Does it really work now? I may give it a try.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews