1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Light Flow...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ackoolness, Jun 3, 2011.

1. ackoolness

ackoolness Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    alright, so i installed light flow to control my led's (thanks GB) anywho...

i noticed that a yellow led will flash when its charging/not charging. my battery is at 80% and the led will not stop no matter if its plugged in or not (usb) the only way to turn it off is to turn the screen on.

now on to my question(s)...

How do i turn it off?

i noticed that the notifications for the battery section are all turned off, but in the general section it has battery and a charging notification. there is nothing to turn it off only 'cycle slow medium fast' and 'priority only.' now a funny thing...i just turned on my phone to check what it exactly said in those sections, and when the screen faded back to black, the led did not flash this time.

i have no notifications, everything has been cleared. the only thing on my notification bar is 'lookout security' btw.

very weird. anyone with help/info will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    I don't have Light Flow installed at the moment and am certainly no expert at it, but there are several on here that I'm sure know it well that can help you.

Also, there already is a thread that you might want to visit and post in:

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-x/291749-app-light-flow-control-your-led-notification-reminders-phone-specific-app-works-dx.html

The developer of the app, andrewpmoore (great guy and very good dev), has also posted in that very thread and might very well see you questions and respond to you.

Cheers!

3. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    Project Manager - SAS Construction
    Bremen, Georgia
    I read on the comments on market for LightFlow that it isn't compatible with the DX running Gingerbread yet. Lots of DX users are having problems with the LED's not cutting off.

4. binary visions

binary visions Android Expert
    None

May 14, 2010
    It's interesting because I'm running GB and LightFlow is working great for me.

I have one occasional issue where it seems that LF will pick an LED color at random and blink it like I have a notification. If I turn the screen on and off again, it clears. But that's, oh, maybe once a week for a couple minutes - nothing intrusive.

5. Riverman

Riverman Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Lightflow's not working correctly for me. The LED will flash for emails or text messages even after I've cleared the notification. It doesn't always happen, but it's happened enough that it's annoying.

6. Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork Newbie
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    i noticed this too with LF and DX GB. i found that when my DX does this i just cycle thru the email and sms app one time and the led stops blinking.

7. binary visions

binary visions Android Expert
    None

May 14, 2010
    Are you clearing the notification with the individual notification removals?

Lightflow can't directly access your notification bar. Android doesn't allow that. So you have two options. You can use the option that will clear all notification lights when you press the "Clear" button in the notification bar (it's an option in the settings). Or, you can clear the notification by actually going into the app that generated it, which will remove the notification in Android, and also clear the blinking LED.

8. ackoolness

None

Aug 4, 2010
    tried all of that. just wanted to see if anyone else was also experiencing the same issue. you all described my issue.

9. fonefreak

fonefreak Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 25, 2010
    North of the ecliptic
    I just sent Andrew a PM concerning Light Flow compatibility with rooted Gingerbread (.596). The LED notifications are the only thing I miss about my Storm2. I'll edit this post when I receive a reply.

10. ackoolness

None

Aug 4, 2010
    For what its worth...

I spent all morning doing two factory resets and that seemed to work, ill keep testing.

the first reset i did i had to do over again, cuz i said "yes" for google to restore all of my apps, well i let titanium do the same thing on top of that.

anywho, my leds seem to work now. my text messages (even though i use handcent,) gmail, and calendar notifications seem to work, but like i said, ill keep looking out/testing.

11. fonefreak

None

Oct 25, 2010
    North of the ecliptic
    Just received a reply from Andrew:

"Hi,
    I'm pretty sure it is compatible. Try out the free version from the market first. If that works then the full version will. If you have problems with the free version, get back to me."

So I'll dl the free copy and see what happens!

12. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert
    None

Apr 11, 2010
    I have the paid version and its not working for me. Ive tried with the OTA .596 build from TBH, Apex, and Liberty. It either just flat out does not work, or force closes and then does not work.

I've emailed Andrew this morning. Stay tuned.

13. fonefreak

None

Oct 25, 2010
    North of the ecliptic
    Huh. Here's what I'm running: .596 Rooted Deodexed from TBH. No themes or other ROMs. All I've deleted is Madden and City ID. I have 2 Gmail accounts, 2 Yahoo accounts, and 1 email.com account. Just using MotoBlur - no Handcent or K-9. All notifications, whether sound only, sound with LED or LED only are all working fine. I haven't tried vibrate on any Light Flow setting because the vibrate on this phone just doesn't do it for me. I use something else for that.

14. heycal

heycal Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 27, 2014
    Anyone know why lightflow might not be working anymore for at least some of my notifications? The test notifications work fine, but not real world.

15. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Hey heycal ;) :)!

I haven't played with Light Flow for a long while now, but see if there's anything relevant in the dev's Play Store and support site links:

Cheers!

16. heycal

heycal Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 27, 2014