1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Lightflow & GoSms Custom Led

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Kavacca, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Kavacca

Kavacca Lurker
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    Ok so i am using lightflow pro on my Galaxy Note 2 to allow led colors for different apps. However i am looking to also keep my gosms custom colors for different people who text me. Is this possible? I cannot seem to find a setting which allows the led to work like this. Any help would be much appreciated!

Advertisement

2. Methos1979

Methos1979 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 27, 2012
    Third rock from the Sun
    You select which programs you want Light Flow to take over your light notifications for. How many colors is your Note 2 capable of creating? (I do not have a Note 2. I have a RAZR MAXX HD and it can only create 7 different colors.) So if you have only say, 6 colors and you are using 4 of them for specific contacts on your gosms that would leave you only 2 different colors for other programs.

One thing you can do is to have Light Flow also control sound notifications so you could have similar colors for different programs but different sound notifications. Of course if you are relying on the light notifications because your phone is silent then that would not work.

Another thing you can do with Light Flow is configure the speed and duration of the flashing light. So you could always just find a different flash rate from the gosms rate. In other words, if your gosms flash rate is long and slow then use the LF flash rate to create short flash rates. This would allow you to have the same color for an SMS notification as another program but be able to differentiate.

Light Flow is very configurable. I am not familiar with how configurable gosms is but I would say using a combination of sounds and/or light flash speed/durations would get you where you want to go.

3. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2012
    Male
    California
    I don't know anything about goSMS, but I know a little about Light Flow. Could the two programs be conflicting with each other? I would assume you have to turn one off for SMS completely.

In Light Flow you go to Notifications. Then click on the add a contact button in the upper right. Find your contact. Now you will have a panel in notifications for that person that will allow you to create notifications for SMS, MMS and calls.

If you know how to do this in goSMS, you may just want to have Light Flow not handle anything related to SMS.

4. Ekris

Ekris Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2012
    If you want to set different LED's for specific people, open up the individual message thread, hit settings button and the window at the bottom will pop up. Hit 'Individual' and it will give you options on what you want to specifically do for that person.

5. Kavacca

Kavacca Lurker
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    Brilliant thanks for everyones help. I got it to work by using the individual setting in lightflow and took the individual settings off gosms!

6. stephen65

stephen65 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Can you do this on the Galaxy S3? Because I looked into the individual message thread and there is not a settings button. The only settings available is for messaging in general.

7. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    I think he meant with the Go Sms app mate :thumbup: its free to download, very customisable

8. lexluthor

lexluthor Android Expert
    None

May 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Wait, where in Lightflow are individual settings exactly?

9. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2012
    Male
    California
    - Launch Lightflow
    - Notifications
    - The contact with the plus symbol up top (immediately right of the word "Notifications")

10. lexluthor

lexluthor Android Expert
    None

May 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Oh I see. Never knew you could do that. Nice.

11. stephen65

None

Jun 25, 2011
    Huntsville, Alabama
    I downloaded the Go Sms app and the color customization is a very nice tool but that is the only thing I would like to change. It's changed the whole appearance of the SMS screen from the standard black to a bright white. How do you go back to the standard display screen?

12. Pookeysgirl

Pookeysgirl Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 28, 2012
    Canada
    I think you just need to change the theme back to what you had before.

Go into the menu on Go SMS and hit Theme, at the top select "Installed" and then select the one you want from there :)

13. stephen65

None

Jun 25, 2011
    Huntsville, Alabama
    I uninstalled Go SMS just to wait to see if anyone had an answer but then I went back into Light Flow and started looking around. At the top of the notifications screen is a little head like symbol that is your contact list. Select it and it brings up your contact list. Select the contact and it puts it into your Light Flow list where all your other choices are like your color for battery charging, etc. Select the contact from there and then you are able to assign a specific color for that contact. That solved my problem without having to use Go SMS and I still have the text background I like.