1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Lightflow

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jschlis, Jan 5, 2013.

1. jschlis

jschlis Member
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    I have a rmhd with lightflow installed. I use light flow for the audible and vibration only, having all led reminders off. Lightflow when working works great, but it does not work consistently. At times it does not alert at all to texts which is what I need it for. My questions are does anyone else have issues with Lightflow and is there any other app that has vibrate and audible reminders.

Advertisement

2. pegs520

pegs520 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    Male
    Techie
    Utica
    I have had issues in the past. I've reinstalled it three times. Sometimes it doesn't light up, sometimes it doesn't clear the notification and keeps lighting up, and at one point, my notification light stopped working completely.

Since the last time I reinstalled, about a week ago, its been working fine...but I'm keeping an eye on it.

3. Methos1979

Methos1979 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 27, 2012
    Third rock from the Sun
    I have it installed and use it to control lights and sounds, but not vibration. I get the occasional glitch but most times it's either me or the program (text, email) and not Light Flow. When I get stoppages (rare) it's usually after a long day of usage and the phone just needs a reboot as many programs start to get a little 'hinky'.

I posted a Light Flow customization thread over on the Android Applications section and the dev chimed in that he is currently working on a new version that will take care of some (or hopefully all) of the stoppages. It's nice to see a dev that actually tracks the commentary on their programs here and respond.

Of any failures to notify that have occurred, texting has been the most stable for me with almost never a loss of a notification. I always get the light. Sometimes the sound is delayed a couple seconds for some reason. I also have a quite a few little programs running in the background like Smart Actions and Tasker which I'm sure adds to the occasional problem. Light Flow remains one of my (if not the) favorite program I've added to my RHDM.

4. jschlis

jschlis Member
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Thank you both. Methos any conflict between lightflow and tasker?

5. Methos1979

None

Jun 27, 2012
    Third rock from the Sun
    None that I have encountered but I've only just begun programming with Tasker.

6. vikingjunior

vikingjunior Well-Known Member
    None

May 7, 2010
    Lightflow is buggy.

7. jschlis

jschlis Member
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    After using lightflow for over a week I have come to the conclusion that WHEN it works it is great. The problem is at times it just stops working.

8. robdec17

robdec17 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 28, 2010
    I gave up with it. It was to buggy for me . It would keep flashing when I swiped away the notification

9. fullerne

fullerne Member
    None

Aug 24, 2011
    MA
    Mine does that too. It also stops working sometimes. Too bad, because I really do like it when it works right. Will probably stop using it for now though

10. pegs520

pegs520 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    Male
    Techie
    Utica
    Haven't had any problems at all since I posted this. Light comes on when I get a notification, goes off when I look at whatever notification it was, and that's that.

11. Methos1979

None

Jun 27, 2012
    Third rock from the Sun
    I too thought the program was buggy but it ended up just being me. As I delved deeper into the programs many functions I found and experimented with the various ways of canceling a notification (screen on, entering program, manually) and as I found the various ways that work best for me all the suspected 'bugginess' seemed to disappear. So problem was on my end. I have LF tweaked in and this program in on lock now. I get no stoppages of any kind and it continues to be the best program I've put on my phone.

Take some time to really play around with the program and go into all the various menus and you will be surprised at just how much configuration you can do with it. Now if you will excuse me I have to go. My phone is flashing green which means I have a chess move!

12. Methos1979

None

Jun 27, 2012
    Third rock from the Sun
    Same here - I'm thinking that the dev's post about a new version taking care of all stoppages was right on as since my last post I have had no issues of any kind either.